The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game of Thrones

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:08 am

I know there's at least one other person here who is mad about game of thrones, the popular tv serie based on books by George RR Martin. After having heard all about it, and having been surrounded by ppl who has watched and discussed the show I've now watched the first season. Took me 1,5 day so I'm planning on keeping up with the rest of the world in a bit...

Liking it so far, i don't really know what id expected. It's a lot more clean than what I've heard though, but maybe that's just the beginning of it all.

Anybody else watching it? What do you think? Who is your fav characters?

Mine are Tyrion Lannister and the khaleesi.  king 
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:17 am

So glad that you like it! Smile Tyrion and Khaleesi are two of My favourites aswell, altough: who doesn't like Khaleesi? Wink Besides them, I don't have a lot of favourites in season 1, but there are a lot of interesting charachters I think, for example Viserys, Littlefinger (Peter), Joffrey etc.
Altough, Even tough I don't have a lot of favourites, I do love the Stark family!
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:23 am

Which family is your favourite so far btw? Smile (if you have any)
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:29 am

i can't wait to see how things evolve - i'll probably start watching the second season tomorrow (got a day off! ;D). Well, i like a few ppl from each house but if i have to choose one it'd be the Lannisters. At least so far....
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:33 am

Woho! Oooh I can't wait until you reach the end of season 4, I don't Wanna say anything for sure, but if you like season 1 I'm pretty sure You're gonna love season 2,3 and 4!
Ah okey, yeah, the Lannisters are pretty interesting... Sometimes you hate them, sometimes you love them. But no matter what, they'll definitly be one of the most interesting families Wink
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 pm

You're watching Game of Thrones! cheers 

The seasons only get better. And the great part is how things evolve! The hard part is how slow things move and that you have to wait so long to watch the story continue....But hey, waiting makes for good wanting.

My fav characters are definitely Tyrion Lanister and Khaleesi as well ! And both of their characters only get better in the future. And some characters evolve to where at first you didn't really like them, but later you do. And some, well, you just continue to dislike more..or rather just be amazingly annoyed by them.

Have fun watching the rest!
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 2:31 pm

I agree, sometimes things move really slow.... But I also agree with you on the fact that waiting makes for good wanting!

All charachters really evolve, and I think that there is some in particular that evolve A LOT, and (at least according to me) you really can't decide Wether you like or not. How much of the show have you watched Cheavy? Smile
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Finished the fourth season last month, so all caught up!
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 pm

Me to! Then I'm not the only one here dying to see season 5 Wink
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 12:37 am

Got me the second season on DVD today, will start watching first thing tomorrow before going to work..! After having watched The Tudors instead of GoT to begin with, I think I have accomplished the slow story already.... Not to trash that serie though, but ... Looking for action? Then that's not the one to pick. Wanna learn some real history though? Then press play already.

And I must say I'm quite satisfied with the fact that I have so much excitment ahead of me..
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Update. I now have the first three seasons but have still only watched 1,5 so far (rewatching prison break and true blood has been prioritized)... But liked what I've seen so far.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:37 pm

I watched the first episode earlier on today, it has to be said there are alot of naked people in it, I'm not complaining, when i said people i meant women. Maybe a slight name change Game of Thrones ( loads of naked women in it ). I'm not too sure what its about, i did mention the naked women didn't i..........I'll be watching the second episode in the name of art, nothing at all to do with the naked women, i hardly noticed them.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Haha... Sex and Death, wasnt that its trademarks? Don't act like you didn't know that. Of the 1,5 seasons I've seen so far I actually thought it was gonna be a lot more of it.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:27 pm

I thought so to, before I started watching the show I had heard that practicly every other scene Was going to containe sex and death or violence, but it's definitly not that much of it. Which probably dissapoints a lot of people, Altough I can't say I'm one of them.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:58 pm

Sex and death! If i'd have known i wouldn't have watched it and now I'm addicted, i feel duped.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:02 am

Haha well it's not like people in your neighbourhood are gonna be walking past your house, staring towards a Window and whisper "theres where that masochist lives" because you're watching GoT.... As we said, it doesn't live up to its TM.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:06 am

England, classic curtain twitching country, nothings private.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:09 am

Ok. So they might do it due to other reason than you watching GoT but Im gonna be a polite Swede and not peek or gossip about it. ... Wait, that's exactly what Id do as a polite Swede. Not saying anything to your face. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Ive watched 4 episodes so far, im obviously not enjoying it in the slightest. There are two characters that are really beginning to piss me off, the little blond mummies boy and the bloke with the silver hair, i cant wait for that young girl to beat the you know what out of the mummies boy, its going to happen isn't it. The silver haired guy is just a typical Londoner, they're all a bit like that, he's going to meet a sticky end isn't he, if it was set in modern day he'd be wearing a Chelsea shirt. I was seconds away from buying a hot tub, and he went and ruined it, i'll never forgive him for that.

Episode 5 about to begin.

Smile

ps I almost forgot to mention how much of a bitch the Kings wife is, the mother of the mummies boy.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:10 pm

I was unable to watch it past the first 15 minutes, maybe I'm missing a masterpiece but I'll stick to other series :S
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 8:36 pm

I'm pretty much up to date on it now and i have to admit it did become an addiction. Is it the best TV series I've ever seen? No it isn't. It is great entertainment and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

I know what you mean Lahm, i think i just watched it at the right time, on another day i doubt I'd have given it more than 15 minutes, it's not really my type of thing. I am glad that i watched it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game of Thrones  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones    Game of Thrones  Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 1 of 1