The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 2:36 pm

hm, didn't know that much about EDM either, Ill check out your tips..!
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 8:30 am

No problem Cheavy. I'm looking forward to add more recommendations in the music forum. I will also try to upload some of my song creations from time to time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 2:24 am

Thanks for the explanation, ATrix! That crash course helped Wink

I'll give those songs a listen. Checking out the deadmau5 one right now. The only one I'd heard before was Daf Punk's Around The World; which happened to be one of their more entertaining songs.
Back to top Go down
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Hey there Cheavy! Smile

Let me give you a small crash course about EDM. EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music. It's actually a recently made genre of music, inspired by early techno,disco, and electronica from the late 80's and early 90's. Songs in EDM vary because EDM is broken down into subgenres, such as Trance, Electronic,and even to Dubstep or Drum & Base (in fact, I don't even know how many subgenres there are. There are so many of them). As for recommendations of artists/songs, I would suggest listening to a good variety of subgenres to figure out what type of EDM is your favorite. For artists, I would recommend listening to Deadmau5's song Ghost n' Stuff. The song is classified in the electronica subgenre, but it has a great beat and meledy to it. It's a great song to listen to if you are intrested in listening to EDM. Another song to try out would be Apollo by Hardwell. Another great starter song with electronic beats and memorizing vocals. Also try out the song Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites by Skrillex. This is classified as a Dubstep song, so the chorus, or drop as most people call it, will be fast, loud, and full of surprises (since Dubstep drops are actually random or planned out sounds). Another song I would recommend would be Man on the Run by Dash Berlin. This is a Trance song, mostly because the song does put you in a trance with it's melodic beats and vocals. Trance songs can easily last a good 8 minutes, if it is the original mix. Lastly, I would recommend the song Around the World by Daft Punk. This song can be classified as electronic or disco. It's a good song with that disco feel to it.

Wow, look at me ramble. XD Anyways, those 5 songs are great starter songs. They explore a different subgenre and do represent what EDM is.
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Welcome here, ATrik!

It's probably obvious, but I've been trying to figure out what genre EDM is? Electronic Disco Mix? Got any recommended songs/artists to provide an example?

..And for being new to forums, I thought you did great. Introduction's the first step! Smile
Back to top Go down
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 7:58 am

Hi everyone! Looks like i'm the newest addition to the forums. So, I'm ATrix112524, and I'm a guy that lives in Illinois. I'm 18 years old , moving in to college soon. Most people think that the Midwest part of United States is all farmland. Well, it is. :/ But, there are also huge cities in Illinois, like Rockford. That's where I'm at for now. Very Happy

Aside from living in the city, I do go out and visit many places around the US. I've been through a few states and landmarks. So, I get to see (as well as learn) some history about the US.

Now, for hobbies, that is were it goes crazy. I'm a dj and songwriter. In Rockford, I get a couple of chances to play some songs and mixes I create, with either my guitar or laptop. With that said, I am an avid music listener. I listen to almost all genres, but leaning towards EDM as my favorite out of all the genres. Besides music, I also love watching movies. Most of my favorites are usually action, horror, and comedy. Now, since I used to work at the movie theaters, I am able to see some newly released movies for free or even days before they are released. So, if you need a review or recommendation to what movie to see in theaters, I'm your guy for it.

For the most part, I'm new to the forums. This is actually my first time in one. So, if i'm doing something wrong, soory in advance. Smile Other then that, I'll keep recommending Music, Movies, and other stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1