The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

John Wick: Chapter 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheavy
Cheavy

John Wick: Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: John Wick: Chapter 2   John Wick: Chapter 2 EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Last night was movie night. And you all (eh, not really) knew this was coming: John Wick Chapter 2

John Wick: Chapter 2 Johnwick2
^ They're going to need more guns...

Basically this movie is about a retired hit man wanting to be left alone. And no one will leave him alone. That's it.

But questions need to be answered:
How's the new dog? (He got a pit bull at the end of the first)
Are there even more head shots in this sequel?
How can they even make a sequel?!

It starts with John Wick finishing off what happened in the first; the re-acquisition of his old, die hard car that's got nine lives. Oh, and more importantly, to call a truce with the head honcho from the first. Well, check and check. That's done. So where is the story going?

The concrete hasn't even dried on the hidden rainy day hit gear when next thing we know, we get this Italian dude knocking on Wick's door and calling him in for a favor going around and threatening, "Hey, you have to do this hit job for me. Oh, and nice home btw. Too bad I have to blow it up, 'cause you're refusing this blood oath thing we have."

So now John Wick has no house, but thank goodness his loyal dog (that has no name) survives! And I guess it takes a house to blow up to convince a retired hit man to honor that blood oath I'm sure he is regretting by now.

So now is this the plot? John Wick has to do this thing for this guy and he can get out for good? Well, accomplishing that hit job was rather easy. Kinda handed to him really. It's what happens after is where the story (I think) finally begins and possibly can get more crazy.

Italian dude betrays him (shocker!) and now puts out an order to kill John Wick. So a bunch of little hit people are out to make a quick 7 million dollars. But John Wick is the guy you hire to kill the Boogeyman...

Is it a good movie? Eh, take it or leave it really. The way John Wick can kill a hoard of people is graceful. Like a beautifully choreographed dance. The background sub dubstepish trancy techno music is not unlike the first; accentuating that killing atmosphere.
And we started to get some chemistry between Wick and another hit man, Cassian.....Well, if you can call them silently shooting at each other in public places chemistry then yeah, chemistry! They also hinted at a past. In fact, the whole movie hints at John Wick's massive hit man past. Maybe they should make a prequel. Lots of implied history there...

It's your run of the mill action movie where one guy can kill so many and just keep on going. Like the energizer bunny that decides to go on a murderous rampage; or more like self defense. The man really just wants to be left alone. And if they would listen, everyone's life would get a lot less bloody.

I watched the first, so naturally I had to see the second. And based on how it ended, there's going to be a third, and no doubt a third review. Smile

Here, have some credits music

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: John Wick: Chapter 2   John Wick: Chapter 2 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 pm

I actually saw this movie for the first time a few weeks ago. Without having watched the first one though, but it worked out just fine anyway. And you say you can't believe a sequel has been done, well soon there'll be a third one..!
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: John Wick: Chapter 2   John Wick: Chapter 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 12:59 am

Yeah, the first isn't really a required watch to follow the second; And the third I'm sure will be like that to....No doubt I'm watching the third when it comes out. I just have to at this point. Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: John Wick: Chapter 2   John Wick: Chapter 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am

Yeah, now it'll be him against the world of assassins... Smile Speaking of assassins, have you seen the Assassins Creed movie? I saw it, without having played the games, mainly because Michael Fassbender was starring as the main character.. When there was only a few minutes left it felt like the movie was about to begin..! So, I hope the next one will start when it actually begins.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: John Wick: Chapter 2   John Wick: Chapter 2 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 12:25 am

I have seen the movie, also never having played the games. It was a while ago, but I mainly took from it being..confused and also felt the end of the movie was the beginning of something to really start! So the second might be more promising..I think my brother understood the movie more being he did play the games...he probably tried explaining it to me, but I can't remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Wick: Chapter 2   John Wick: Chapter 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

John Wick: Chapter 2
Page 1 of 1