The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ours truly: Radioactive

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Ours truly: Radioactive  Empty
PostSubject: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 pm

I happen to know that our very own Radioactive is a great photographer (and drawer and digital art illustrator) as well. I'm hoping this thread can lure her to post some pics of hers here. Wink

May it be portraits, flowers, nature, buildings, theme shots; in color or black n white etc - doesn't really matter, they all get their own kind of glimpse. I've often thought she has edited or photoshopped her pictures, but close to every time I've asked that, it has turned out she hasn't. Don't get mad at me for making your skills known to the world - at least in letter, you do it images - because a picture says more than a thousand words, right? I love you
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Aaaw you're making me blush RR, heh Wink Well, I don't mind posting some of my pictures, though I don't want to post some without permission, but I'll definitely ask some friends who I have used as models if it's okay. Until then, here are a few others, both old and new pictures ^^

Ours truly: Radioactive  Lila_zacharov_by_karrochaan-d7k25g9

Ours truly: Radioactive  Cassel_sharpe_by_karrochaan-d7k24mv

Ours truly: Radioactive  They_can_t_order_me_to_stop_dreaming_by_karrochaan-d7h8nry

Ours truly: Radioactive  Inspiration_by_karrochaan-d5h3l0t

Ours truly: Radioactive  Style_by_karrochaan-d5h3ksy

Ours truly: Radioactive  Derventa_by_karrochaan-d6bc5fs

Ours truly: Radioactive  Still_life__still_alive_by_karrochaan-d8ajwul

I can't really steal all the attention though without mentioning what a amazing model RR is. Not many people would let you cover them in fake blood and mud and let you photograph them! Sadly, I can't get the pictures uploaded, and I have no idea why. But I promise I will figure it out and show them to you sometime in the future!

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh my, Radioactive. I haven't seen those before - they're gorgeous! The simplicity, the three first ones looks a bit commercial-like. The one with the spiked coffee is my favourite just because it sends out a strong message, but nice colors in the heart shaped nail polish. I don't know if it's supposed to look like you've hanged yourself in the one with the boots and dream catcher? And where is that nature pic taken? Blomberg/Källby somewhere?

Nice with the video tape framing the book and bottle in the last pic, was that for your Russian project?
More more more! Very Happy

Hahah, oh gosh. I like the fact that you left out the male-thing. And I guess they weren't destined to show up here Wink    
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Aaaw, thank you RR! Very Happy The first two are actually portraits of two characters from the book "The white cat" by Holly Black, but in still life style. I honestly don't remember how I came to think of the idea to make a still life portrait of them - But I really like how it turned out!

The one with the dream catcher and the shoes and the one with only the dream catcher are pictures I took during a photo-competition I had with some friends. In 60 minutes, we had to take 15 pictures with special themes that we had decided. I don't remember the theme to the one with only the dream catcher, but the one with the shoes theme was "style". They are both taken in Blomberg though Smile

The one with the book and bottle is actually a tribute to my grandfather - who passed away at a way to early age - it's kind off a portrait of parts of his life in still life style Smile

Haha, oh they are going to show up here, soon... Very soon... Wink
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Nice pictures, the shed in the middle of nowhere made me smile, i have no idea why. You even had me googling the quotes. The wine glass thing made me feel slightly nauseous, i have no idea why. I was going to ask what the story was behind the last pic, i only just saw your post saying its a tribute to your Grandad, why do I still think there's a story to be told?

Please remember to use spoilers and label it NSFW if you're going to post pics of RR. Smile

Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Uneducated Thug wrote:
Nice pictures, the shed in the middle of nowhere made me smile, i have no idea why. You even had me googling the quotes. The wine glass thing made me feel slightly nauseous, i have no idea why. I was going to ask what the story was behind the last pic, i only just saw your post saying its a tribute to your Grandad, why do I still think there's a story to be told?

Please remember to use spoilers and label it NSFW if you're going to post pics of RR. Smile

Thanks UT! Smile Ah, yes, that one makes me smile to. It's taken in Bosnia-Herzegovina, the country my family's from, in a small village with amazing nature. It's truly stunning! (The nature that is).

Well, you're right about the story. It's a very long story actually, filled with a lot of sorrow (since my grandad, and family, lived in Bosnia-Herzegovina during the war in Yugoslavia). So I don't know if I want to lower your mood really with it, heh.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Oh yeah, now I remember you telling me about that last picture. And that competition hehe.. Oh ok, since I haven't googled those quotes as UT have, are they in fact quotes from the book?
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Oh yeah, now I remember you telling me about that last picture. And that competition hehe.. Oh ok, since I haven't googled those quotes as UT have, are they in fact quotes from the book?  

Yes, the quote in the picture with the heart is from the white cat (which is the first book in the trilogy The curse workers) and if I remember correctly, the other quote in the picture with the coffee is from the third book in the trilogy (the black heart). And the "They can't order me to stop dreaming" quote is of course from Cinderella Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Ok!

Of course. Eh..
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 5:21 am

These photos are really great, Radio. I seriously couldn't tell this from professional photography. Not that I know much about professional photography, so it's not saying much coming from me, but I like what you are posting. I feel there is a lot of emotion, depth, and story in the photos. I really like the one featuring the dream catcher. It has such a warm and fuzzy vibe.

Your photos are very welcome here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Im no expert on the old Yugoslavia and im definitely not trying to give a history lesson, but what happened in Yugoslavia is in my opinion the result of several countries being made to live as one country under the rule of flimsy government and for a while a fascist dictator, the end result being what it always is under these circumstances, civil war. It was a terrible war, and so close to home, in my opinion it makes Afghanistan look like a kids tea party. You wont lower my mood by telling the story because im very interested in the whole thing, don't feel pressured to tell the story though, i'll fully understand f you don't want to.

Have a 5 minute think about the old Yugoslavia and how it was ran, and then have a five minute think about modern day Europe and how its ran, and who by, and where their best intentions lie. How long do you think it'll be before Europe starts fighting again? I'll bet you my left testicle that Europe will explode before your forty years old, unless there are major changes in Europe eg The EU and the Euro and that pathetic government in Brussels.

This is why the great dumbing down and political correctness were invented Radioactive, so that the European ruling classes can make normal people do whatever they want them to, its a modern form of fascism.

Thank god the UK didn't and never will join the Euro, its the only reason the Eurocrats haven't turned totally fascist. Merkel said the only reason the Euro isn't the worlds most powerful currency right now is the fact that the UK hasnt joined, it cant work properly without Britains economy, her words not mine, and in reality im not a uneducated thug but compared to the education Merkel received i probably am a uneducated thug.

Start making plans to get out of Europe, don't waste your life in a silly little continent that's governed by greedy power mad fascists.

Soz for being slightly boring, just wanted to let you know you wont bore me with stories about your Grandad and the old Yugoslavia.

Its not an accident that The Beach boys were pictured feeding goats for the Pet Sounds album cover.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Cheavy: Aw, thank you so much for the compliments! Very Happy

UT: Before I say anything, I will say that I respect your opinions, and that I do agree with you in a lot of things. But I will never be able to say that the countries in Yugoslavia were "being made to live" as a country. It has a negative cling to it - and for me, Yugoslavia wasn't a negative or bad country. Sure, it had it problems. Sure, I understand why people think that Tito (Josip Broz Tito) was a fascist dictator (I'm assuming he's the one you're referring to?), and I agree - he was a dictator. But was he a horrible man, a horrible leader? No. If you think about it - the problems and war started when Tito passed away. Tito, one of Yugoslavias most powerful rulers. After his death, all of the Balkan countries slowly started to mess with each other, which eventually led to war, and Yugoslavia splitting. During the time Tito lead the country, there were barely no problems at all in the country. I think that says a lot about him as a leader and how he ran the country.

Sorry for sounding so defensive (or is that just how I sound in my head?), but all my life I've heard horrible words about this man and horrible words about how the country was lead - 'til I got myself my own opinion based on actual facts and based on neutral opinions - not words from grumpy people who just wanted to find someone to blame the war on.

Funny that you bring up the The EU - I just had a discussion with a friend a few days ago about them. I honestly don't know enough about them to say, well, almost anything, but listening to her talking about them... Well, all I can say is that I hope that Sweden says "bye bye" to them soon. Although, I don't think Sweden would make it as a country without The EU.

Back to Yugoslavia: I just want people to understand that even if you are titled as facist, dictator or a communist (yes, people hated on him for that to) - it doesn't have to mean something bad. You can't say that there are only bad sides to it.

And yes, the war in Yugoslavia was obviously horrible. It took away way to many years from my family that they will never get back - it made me pissed at my grandad, since he refused to leave the country when he had the opportunity. It made me pissed, cause it made all to many people go through hell for nothing. It made me pissed, cause all to many times in my life I have heard that "No, Bosnia-Herzegovina can't be your home country cause your not muslim", it made me pissed because because of the war almost all my relatives still live there in the Balkan countries - which means that years can pass without me seeing them. I have two small cousins (one 4 and the other soon 2), who I have only met two times in my life. It sucks. And sometimes I can't help but thinking that if Tito wouldn't have died - the war wouldn't have happened - and I would have met my cousins more than 2 times in my life. But at the same time - Tito couldn't have lived forever.

Sorry for bringing down the mood completely heh... Lastly though I just want to say that I'm impressed that you know about the war. I'm completely serious when I say that when I was in the ninth grade, no one in my class even knew about it. I've never studied about it in school - it has only been mentioned slightly. So I'm impressed, and glad, that you actually know about it. Because I do believe that it is a story that has to be told.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:21 am

Woah, I love those essay-like posts. Unfortunately (or fortunately since no one has asked for it anyways) I don't have much to add. It feels like school got more complicated and difficult after my years and if you, Radioactive, didn't get to learn about the situation in Balkan, I sure as hell didn't get to do it before you. Which actually is quite odd, having in mind what else we've been taught and how relevant the Balkan history really is as there are quite a few pupils with an origin in Balkan. I'm embarrassed for your sake that you had to be the one to educate me on something I didn't even know had happened.

About the EU, well. I guess I could make that into an essay-long post here if I wanted to, but let's just say that in a way EU rules Sweden more than Sweden itself. Funny thing to discuss, specially in election times.

((Btw, I'm making my own photo thread in january. I'm far from Radio's level of skills, but my phone and digital camera has been on some adventures which would be fun to share in images. So stay tuned…! *commercially-like über cool jingle*)) 
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 6:15 pm

I read a Tito quote earlier that really did make me laugh out loud, it happened in 1949 but i could be wrong, apparently the Russians had been sending assassins over to kill Tito, the following is a note that Tito wrote to Stalin.

" Stop sending people to kill me. We've already captured five of them, one of them with a bomb and another with a rifle (...) If you don't stop sending killers, I'll send one to Moscow, and I won't have to send a second."

—Josip Broz Tito[67]

How can i not like him after reading that?

You're right though Radioactive, i did put a negative spin on Tito in my post and i was wrong to do so, i can only apologize for my ignorance, im wiser now.

I wouldn't worry too much about Sweden if i were you, they were doing nicely before the EU existed and they'll continue to do ok when the EU is long gone.

Can you see yourself living in Bosnia-Herzegovina in the future?

Is there any particular reason ( apart from maybe money ) that you haven't been back more often? Does your family come to visit you in Sweden?

Dont get me started on Islam Smile

I'm amazed that people arnt aware of that war, but its hardly surprising when you look at todays education system is it, im always pleasantly surprised if they can count to ten without using their fingers.

I always think of really good football players when i think of Yugoslavia, todays players included.

Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 7:06 pm

RR: Yeah, well, it has happened a lot of times, that I have to educate people on the war. I don't mind it though, I just think it's a shame that it's being completely ignored in schools. It kind off feels disrespectful to the people who went through it all...

"EU rules Sweden more than Sweden itself" - that is definitely true! Though right now it kind off feels like no one rules Sweden...

Woho, I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures! Very Happy

UT: Tbh, I recognize that quote, haha. And yeah, it doesn't really show off his best sides...

Well, everyone still gets to have their opinion about him of course, but I just don't want people to judge him without seeing both his good and bad sides that he had. Really glad that you took the time to read through what I wrote about him, I know a lot of people who would refuse to listen to me.

And no, I could never see myself living in Bosnia-Herzegovina, ever. The country just isn't what it used to be. There are a lot of nationalists from Bosnia here in Sweden - who will mock you for having another religion than you "should" have (for example, like I wrote before, if you're from Bosnia, your religion "should" be islam) - but there are so many more nationalists in Bosnia. And that's just one of the reasons I would never move there - I don't really feel like getting picked on for my religion.

It's mostly money, yes - and my family can't really come and visit us. Practically all Balkan countries are poor countries - so for most families, it's hard to get by. Sadly, my family is one of those.

Not surprising at all, todays education system is awful, at least here in Sweden.

Did you learn anything about the war in Yugoslavia in school by the way?

I'm not that in to football - and I'm a little ashamed to admit that I don't know almost any football players from Yugoslavia - but it's nice to hear that others do Smile
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 7:38 pm

No i didn't learn about it at school, i watched it happening on the news every night. I still don't fully understand what happened, at the time it was like watching some nasty horror movie every night for 30 minutes on News at Ten.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Uneducated Thug wrote:
No i didn't learn about it at school, i watched it happening on the news every night. I still don't fully understand what happened, at the time it was like watching some nasty horror movie every night for 30 minutes on News at Ten.

Yeah, I can understand that... Interesting that they showed it on the news so much. From what my teacher told me, they apparently barely showed it at the news at all in Sweden.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Barely showed it at all! That's bizarre, there must have been some incredibly important stuff going on in Sweden for it to keep that war off the tv screens. If i said what i was really thinking RockRosen would be driving up the M6 next week to beat the living shit out of me, its safer if i just don't say it. Just for a split second there i turned all Swedish, did you spot it?

Smile
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Haha, Oh yes, I definitely spotted it Smile Wink
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:52 am

Wow, you certainly have some real talent Radioactive, those pictures look great, nice text selection too. Keep them coming!
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Thank you so much Lahm! Very Happy Well, I don't have a lot of new photographies, since I really haven't had the time or models, to take some... But here are some old ones, and a few new ones, of the beautiful (and somewhat annoying) swedish winter Smile
(Sorry I had to link them, couldn't figure out how to post them here directly).

http://karrochaan.deviantart.com/art/Swedish-winter-I-508590514

http://karrochaan.deviantart.com/art/Swedish-Winter-II-508591890

http://karrochaan.deviantart.com/art/Swedish-Winter-III-508623254

...Let's throw some summer in there to, shall we Smile

http://karrochaan.deviantart.com/art/Swedish-summer-510776254

http://karrochaan.deviantart.com/art/Swedish-summer-II-510777699?ga_submit_new=10%253A1422716960

I'm currently in a Joker/Harley Quinn (DC villains) period, so I'm thinking about having a Joker/Harley photoshoot...
I'll promise to show the pictures if that happens Wink
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:43 pm

I love snow! I'm originally from one of the few places in Southern Spain where you can actually expect to see some snow every now and then. Those winter takes have a calming yet disconcerting, it's hard to explain. Like the one with the cabin, there's the nature but what's to be unleashed once that little doors is opened? Comparing them with the summer ones, wow, Sweden really seems like a great place to visit. Also looks supercold, I'd wear like a hundred coats.

Also! If you right click over your pictures and select "Copy image URL" you will get your direct link to post here.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:47 pm

Oh let me be the Joker! Might come up North by the end of the month.. ... I can accept whichever DC/Marvel charachter.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Lahm: Haha good to hear that someone does Wink No but, with this much snow that we have in Sweden, you get sick of it, sometimes. And yes, mostly it's really cold. But this year we've been lucky, hasn't been as cold as usual Smile (Finally, hah). About Sweden being a great place to visit.. I've always saw Sweden as a really boring place to visit, but I guess that has to do with the fact that I live here.. Wink

Great, thanks! Very Happy

RR: Of course you can be the Joker! Very Happy You as Joker, and me as Harley, perfect combo Wink
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:00 pm

I think it's a great place to visit if you want to see the nature, due to the allemansrätt/ freedom to roam.

Yay, actually, I'll come up next weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ours truly: Radioactive    Ours truly: Radioactive  Empty

Back to top Go down

Ours truly: Radioactive
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Art :: Photographs-
Jump to: