The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quotes

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:40 pm

I know this is a extremely hard top ten, and tbh, I can't give you mine right now. But I didn't want to forget about it, so I'll post this thread, work on my list a bit, and come back with it as soon as I'm done (which might take a while...)

What are your top ten movie quotes? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:16 am

Radioactive wrote:
I know this is a extremely hard top ten, and tbh, I can't give you mine right now. But I didn't want to forget about it, so I'll post this thread, work on my list a bit, and come back with it as soon as I'm done (which might take a while...)

What are your top ten movie quotes? Smile

Now this is a great idea! I'll add this one to my to do list. I'd find it easier if it were TV Series but who dislikes a good challenge
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:39 pm

Awesome idea, but why narrow it down to ten? Or Movies for that matter? Why not make it the Quote Thread - filled with quotes and why you chose to share em.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:42 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Awesome idea, but why narrow it down to ten? Or Movies for that matter? Why not make it the Quote Thread - filled with quotes and why you chose to share em.

+100 that would be awesome!! There are so many good quotes out there, even grandpa quotes for that matter. I could think of a few good ones, would need translation and could be subject to censorship but anyway.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:44 pm

1. I need to practise my Spanish/German. 2. Censorship? Wink
If Radioactive don't mind, I'm making it happen .
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:04 pm

Well, since my list is already over ten quotes - I don't mind at all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:07 pm

spell em out!
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Well, since we've got rid of the "top ten" and just share quotes now - I'll share the ones on my list! Very Happy They are all from movies/books, but I'll share others in the future!

First, I'll have to share some from the amazing movie Fight Club:

”The things you own end up owning you”

”It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything”

”This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time”

”We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like”

I adore these quotes. Why you ask? Cause all these quotes feel like a punch in the gut. They state reality, how our world, and how we people, really are. They tell the truth that we actually know, but often refuse to realize. And I simply love it.

Moving on to The perks of being a wallflower:

”And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite”

You know that moment, where there is no past, no future? The only thing that exist is that moment that you live in right now. Whenever I have one of those moments, I always think about this quote, and there's just something about it that makes me really, really happy.

And some from Gladiator:

”Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?”

”Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back”

Gaaah, it's a little hard explaining why I love these quotes so much without spoiling the movie... So I'll just settle with saying that I'm sharing them because they are awesome Very Happy

Here comes one from Rush:

”A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends”

..Another thing that is so true, but that at least I, for some reason, haven't really thought about.

And I'll end this (because I really have to go to sleep haha) with a amazing quote from the dark knight, by the Joker:

”Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve”

I just love this quote so much. It truly shows that the joker, like he says himself, is ahead of the curve. He gets it. He's smarter than people think. He's not stupid. He knows the truth, he knows how the world is, he gets it. He gets how people see Batman.

Those weren't (obviously) all of the quotes I have collected, but like I said, I really need to get to bed. But I promise to share the other ones tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:39 am

Radioactive wrote:

”It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything”

What a quote. Simply great.

I think of some that come out of my mind. They don't have much to do with anything but in their context they're brilliant! At least for me they are.

"You're not the Marco Polo of bullying me. You're just another tourist taking pictures of a great big wall" Abed, Community

"I'm going to build my own theme park! With blackjack! And hookers! You know what- forget the park!" Bender, Futurama

I'll add an img quote of the great Frank Underwood (House of Cards)!

Quotes        Tumblr_n1u2x4TE9l1tpar8to1_1280

And last one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite shows. Too good acting to left out the video version:

"How does it feel, to have everything?" Richard Harrow, Boardwalk Empire

That sentence, the whole take. Man what a show... Not my favorite scene from him but still a pretty neat one. Also my favorite scene doesn't have that much talk to begin with so hahaha

Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Lahm wrote:

I'll add an img quote of the great Frank Underwood (House of Cards)!

Quotes        Tumblr_n1u2x4TE9l1tpar8to1_1280

And last one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite shows. Too good acting to left out the video version:

"How does it feel, to have everything?" Richard Harrow, Boardwalk Empire

That sentence, the whole take. Man what a show... Not my favorite scene from him but still a pretty neat one. Also my favorite scene doesn't have that much talk to begin with so hahaha

I've actually never watched House of cards or Boardwalk Empire (House of cards mostly because I don't really like Kevin Spacey), but the more I see of him in the show (even small things like that quote) the more I feel like I'm making a mistake not watching it. Who knows, maybe sometime in the future Wink Boardwalk Empire is a show I MUST watch though, it feels like I'm really missing out on a good show, great quotes and great actors there!
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Radioactive wrote:

I've actually never watched House of cards or Boardwalk Empire (House of cards mostly because I don't really like Kevin Spacey), but the more I see of him in the show (even small things like that quote) the more I feel like I'm making a mistake not watching it. Who knows, maybe sometime in the future Wink Boardwalk Empire is a show I MUST watch though, it feels like I'm really missing out on a good show, great quotes and great actors there!

I really love both of them. Boardwalk Empire ended already, which is kinda sad but at least they left it before runing it too much so in a way... the cast in that one is amazing, the characterization of famous mob characters is almost perfect for me. And there are many stories going at the same time. You get to like some characters in the final seasons that you would have never guessed!

The series are similar in a way. Both main characters are equally likeable and dislikeable. Steve Buscemi in a silly ejoyable but hand of steel mob kind of way. Kevin Spacey on the other hand is so fucking good in this show... he made you like him and his manipulative ways. Both remind me of James Gandolfini character in The Sopranos, you get to like him but at the same time you want him to get punished because he is so over the line too many times. I am so looking forward to the new House of Cards season. Last season had some episodes so good I dont think I have watched anything that tops the acting and script level they reach. So damn good. And full of good quotes. I will add more once I am back home I am writting via android and it is not that easy at all hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:14 pm

...I promised to share the rest of the quotes today, and here they are Very Happy

Let's start with some LoTR quotes:

"I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.”

”What are we holding onto, Sam?”

”That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.”

Am I the only one here who cried when I saw this scene? This is definitely one of the most intense, amazing, sad and hopeful scenes in all of the movies. The whole quote is a description of their whole journey throughout all three movies. It's just so powerful, hopeful and sad at the same time. It's a whole story in 23 sentences (yes, I counted). And oh my, Sams last line... Damn how I cried when he said it.
What I also love about this quote is that it doesn't only describe Sams and Frodos journey. It could definitely describe other heroes journeys, in other movies (at least in my opinion).

...From LoTR to a tv-show, Breaking Bad. No spoilers here, promise.

"Like I came to you, begging to cook meth. ‘Oh, hey, nerdiest old dude I know, you wanna come cook crystal?’ Please. I’d ask my diaper-wearing granny, but her wheelchair wouldn’t fit in the RV."

"I’M A BLOWFISH! BLOWFISH! YEEEAAAH! BLOWFISHIN’ THIS UP!"

"Yeah, bitch! Magnets!"

"So no matter what I do, hooray for me because I’m a great guy? It’s all good? No matter how many dogs I kill, I just do an inventory and accept?"

.....I just love Jesse Pinkman Very Happy He has so many more amazing quotes, but I couldn't really post every single one of them. But every Jesse Pinkman quote is just purely amazing, all of his funny quotes, as well as the serious ones. Like the last one. I'm not going to say anything about it except that the scene, and quote, broke my heart.

Here are two more Joker quotes:

"If you're good at something never do it for free."

"Do you wanna see a magic trick?"

...Can we just agree that every word that comes out of the Jokers mouth is pure perfection? Can we?

An amazing line from the amazing movie Truman Show:

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

It's such a simple line, but with so much meaning. If you would put it in another story, it probably wouldn't be as strong as it is in the movie. But now it is in the movie, and it's freaking incredible.

Aaaand to end with a quote/conversation from my absolut favorite tv-show, Supernatural:

WARNING FOR SPOILERS! IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE END OF SEASON 8 AND WANT TO SEE IT, DON'T READ THIS. ...But if you don't mind spoilers, feel free to read.

You have been warned. Beware, SPOILERS ARE COMING.

Aaaaaand here they are:

Sam Winchester: Do you wanna know what I confessed in there? What my greatest sin was? Was how many times I let you down. I can't do that again.
Dean Winchester: Sam...
Sam Winchester: What happens when you've decided I can't be trusted? Again? I mean, who are you gonna turn to next time instead of me? Another angel? Another... another vampire? Do you have any idea what it feels like to watch your brother...
Dean Winchester: Just hold it. Hold on! You seriously think that? Because none of it, none, of it- is true! Listen, man, I know we've had... our disagreements, okay? Hell, I know I've said some junk that set you back on your heels. But, Sammy... C'mon... I killed Benny... to save you. I'm willing to let this bastard, and all the sons o' bitches that killed Mom, walk because of you. Don't you dare... think that there is anything, past or present, that I would put in front of you! It has never been like that! Ever! I need you to see that. I'm beggin' you.
Sam Winchester: How do I stop?
Dean Winchester: Just let it go.
Sam Winchester: I can't. It's in me, Dean. You don't know what this feels like.
Dean Winchester: Hey, listen. We will figure it out, okay? Just like we always do. C'mon. C'mon. Let it go. Okay? Let it go, brother.

....Not so much quotes as conversation haha. But I had to share it. Because I can't, at all, even start to describe how much I cried when I saw this scene. Hell, I even cry when I read the lines. This scene is just so filled with emotions, it's so intense, it's what the whole season has been building up to... And these lines... You who watch the show probably get me. The fact that Dean says this, tells his brother how much he actually means to him... And in the perfect moment to, those were the exact words that Sam needed to hear right there. These quotes/lines can only be described with one word: WOW.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Lahm wrote:
Radioactive wrote:

I really love both of them. Boardwalk Empire ended already, which is kinda sad but at least they left it before runing it too much so in a way... the cast in that one is amazing, the characterization of famous mob characters is almost perfect for me. And there are many stories going at the same time. You get to like some characters in the final seasons that you would have never guessed!

The series are similar in a way. Both main characters are equally likeable and dislikeable. Steve Buscemi in a silly ejoyable but hand of steel mob kind of way. Kevin Spacey on the other hand is so fucking good in this show... he made you like him and his manipulative ways. Both remind me of James Gandolfini character in The Sopranos, you get to like him but at the same time you want him to get punished because he is so over the line too many times. I am so looking forward to the new House of Cards season. Last season had some episodes so good I dont think I have watched anything that tops the acting and script level they reach. So damn good. And full of good quotes. I will add more once I am back home I am writting via android and it is not that easy at all hahaha.

Well, the show just sounds better and better to me Smile I'm currently watching the show Gotham, but when I'm caught up with that show, I'll probably start on Boardwalk Empire. The fact that it has already ended is something I like, cause I have a real hard time watching shows who are all on at the same time.. With a show that has already ended, you don't have to wait for new episodes either!

Haha yeah, that is actually the feeling that I've gotten when I've seen scenes with Kevin in House of cards. But I like that, I feel like he's the character that you aren't supposed to like, but that ends up being your favorite character. I look forward to see if that's the case Smile Haha you do so!
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 12:18 am

So I tried and I think succeeded at not reading the Supernatural quotes since it's one of those shows I've been thinking of watching for ages now, I'll read it when the day comes I'm not spoiling myself by doing so.
I really like those Joker quotes, not a great comic follower but.

These quotes are from UK TV Show 'The Prisoner'

'I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.'

'I am not a number, I am a free man'

If these sound familiar to you, it may be because of this:

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:03 am

Wonderful quotes here, Ima join in. But first, can never get enough of Palahniuk quotes, here's some more fight club ones https://thereviews.forumotion.com/t14-fight-club-by-chuck-palahniuk .
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:24 am

Here's a few other great quotes:

Matrix:

"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"
- Morpheus.

Hearing this, it feels like a "subtile" commercial for Inception. I love how in the Matrix movies they question what is real(ity). And what is a life worth living. It has a serious and relevant tone which I think one can project to the way we live our lifes today. The next quotes are even more clear:

"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."
- Morpheus.

"Ignorance is bliss"
- Cypher.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."
- Morpheus.

"Did you know that the first Matrix was designed to be a perfect human world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy. It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. (...) I believe that, as a species, human beings define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the Matrix was redesigned to this: the peak of your civilization."
- Agent Smith.

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."
- Morpheus.

Morpheus: I imagine that right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice. Hmm? Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
Neo: You could say that.

Morpheus: Do you believe in fate Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why not?
Neo: Because i don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

"A déjà vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something."
- Trinity.

"Throughout human history, we have been dependent on machines to survive. Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."
- Morpheus.

"Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions."
- Agent Brown.

"Inevitable"
- Agent Smith.

Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You've never used them before.

"I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it."
- Agent Smith.

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:52 am

I remember how fucked my mind ended up after watching that movie. Mostly because I couldn't understand how they threw to the garbage such a great first movie with increasingly bad second and third attemps...
This reminds me of a quote from the show "The Wire" by Michael K. Williams' character Omar Little:

"You come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little (The Wire)

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:06 am

^I know right, it could've ended after that first movie, we all understood what was gonna happen, they didn't actually have to show us hah..
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 3:34 pm

So I have this thing I do when I'm writing code at work, that the final line is a movie or tv series quote that I print on the screen as a sign that the execution has ended. Came across this one today when using an old script:

"This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass" Walter Sobchak, The Big Lebowski

He keeps hitting a car while explaining to a little kid name Larry what happens when you upset someone you don't know. Even if he says many similar sentences, I think this one is only said at the very last moment, before something happens and the topic changes. You'll have to watch the movie, I don't want to further spoil it to you.

EDIT: The censored quote is:

"This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps"
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 10:27 pm

haha that censorer version really makes no sense at all. I recognise it though.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 11:19 pm

I can't get enough of Palahniuk quotes either - and I'm kind of ashamed that I STILL haven't read Fight club... Gosh, I really need to do that.

I really liked these quotes that you guys posted:

"I am not a number, I am a free man"

"What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

I love the first quote, that you posted Lahm. It feels like one of those quotes that just gives you goose bumps when you see the scene with it.

And gosh, Matrix... I really have to see that movie to, eheh. It sounds extremely interesting, and like a movie that really confuses you, which is definitely my type of movie Wink
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 11:33 pm

Choke is even better though Wink

They showed Matrix on tv the other day, second one today.

Quote of the day:
"if I ever let being bad at something stop me, I wouldnt even be here. That thing some men call failure, I call living. Breakfast. And I'm not going until I've cleansed the buffé"
- Pierce, Community. Season 1 episode 19.

I try to look at all the bad things that happen in life not as bad things but as experiences that richens my life, even if it's not in a direct positive way. If there is something I cannot do as good as Id like, then at least I've died trying and shouldnt call that a failure.

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:29 am

RockRosen wrote:

Quote of the day:
"if I ever let being bad at something stop me, I wouldnt even be here. That thing some men call failure, I call living. Breakfast. And I'm not going until I've cleansed the buffé"
- Pierce, Community. Season 1 episode 19.

I try to look at all the bad things that happen in life not as bad things but as experiences that richens my life, even if it's not in a direct positive way. If there is something I cannot do as good as Id like, then at least I've died trying and shouldnt call that a failure.

That quote is indeed a really nice learning from such a weird character to learn good things from hahaha

I think that's what I really like about that show, it's not just the occasional fun or romance. You get some really interesting thoughts on human relationships and friendship and so on.

You are posting so many Fight Club quotes I'm actually feeling like reading it. I always wanted to watch the movie though, what should I do first??
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:35 am

Oh yeah - I actually started reading Choke! Don't know why I stopped - I think I had to much to do in school at the time... But I'll have to read the whole book someday soon Wink

I love your quote of the day, and the way you look at the bad things in life, it's the same way I try to look at things.

...Well, since I watched The perks of being a wallflower for the fourth time tonight, I just have to share a quote I love from the movie:

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

I really think that this is true. I think that sometimes, people only think they deserve one kind of love, a certain amount of love - and are scared to accept more, or some other kind, than that. I also think that people are scared of it since it's something unfamiliar - and almost everything that's unfamiliar is scary, right? But as they say in the movie: We can try to make these people realize that they deserve more.

...Don't know if anything of this makes sense. It's past midnight right now, and I'm really tired, to tired to know if it makes any sense at all.... Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:38 am

haha I know right.

I read the book before I watched the movie, and I liked it that way - the movie was very much alike how Id pictures things when reading the book, BUT as I think I said in the fight club thread, the two last chapters in the book is different from the movie ending and I definately prefer the ending of the book than the movie ending.

That was a great quote too, Radio. And I think that's the deal for many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quotes        Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quotes    Quotes        Empty

Back to top Go down

Quotes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV-
Jump to: