The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drinks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 12:15 am

Drinks! Something you've been served or have prepared yourself. How did it Taste? Would you recommend it? Where did you drink it? What could be made diferently?

Last edited by RockRosen on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 2:39 am

Oh! I am going to like this topic! ;D
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Ok, so let's make that future tense present, ATrix.

One of the best beers I've had so far is the dark Schüttinger. As far as I know they only serve the Schüttinger beer at the actual brewery in Bremen (Germany) and one gets to choose simply between the light or the dark one. I tasted the light one from my friend but was glad I'd picked the dark one. It was rich but not as a Guinnes (Guinnes is a fav too though), and most important I thought it was sweet rather than bitter. Maybe it was the cave cellar surroundings that made it taste better than it actually was, but I'd say it's worth a visit.

Drinks     Beer_53516
(Not my picture).
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:37 am

Not until this year have I reached the understanding that "julmust" is a typical Swedish thing? Please correct me if I'm smug/wrong! I'll let wikipedia help me with describing it, but I can say for myself that I do prefer Julmust over a Coke.

Drinks     Julmust-test-2011
Source: http://alltommat.se/wp-content/uploads/import/images/2011-12-19/julmust-test-2011.jpg

The NAME Julmust

Wikipedia.com wrote:
Jul "Christmas" and must "not yet fermented juice of fruit of berries". is a soft drink that is mainly consumed in Sweden around Christmas. (…) At Easter the name is påskmust (from påsk = "Easter"). The content is the same regardless of the marketing name.

ORIGIN

Wikipedia.com wrote:
Must was created by Harry Roberts and his father Robert Roberts in 1910 as a non-alcoholic alternative to beer. The syrup is still made exclusively by Roberts AB in Örebro. The syrup is sold to different soft drink manufacturers that then make the final product in their own way.

What is MUST?

Wikipedia.com wrote:
Must is made of carbonated water, sugar, hop extract, malt extract, spices, caramel colouring, citric acid, and preservatives. The hops and malt extracts give the must a somewhat root beer-like taste, but much sweeter.

Julmust > Coca Cola

Wikipedia.com wrote:
In Sweden, julmust outsells Coca-Cola during the Christmas season; in fact, the consumption of Coca-Cola drops by as much as 50% over Christmas.[1] This was quoted as one of the main reasons that The Coca-Cola Company broke away from their contract with the local brewer Pripps and started Coca-Cola Drycker Sverige AB instead.

Wikipedia told me the US has the "Pepsi Holiday Spice" which is what's closest to julmust - anyone ever tasted that one?  
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Oooh, wonderful, amazing julmust <3 I had no idea either that it Was a typical swedish thing! Kind off makes me sad, that it doesn't exist in more countries haha. I don't know if I prefer julmust over a coke, but I do love it Very Happy althoguh - If you are to drink julmust, the one to drink is apotekarns Wink
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 1:07 am

Apotekarnes* You forgot an e, could do a lot - do you say ApotekArnes or ApotEkarnes? And have you had Svagdricka, Radio? It's been around since the late 1800s, also a traditional thing to drink during christmas but I don't know if it's typical Swedish or not. As its name hints Svagdricka = Weak drink. I like it so it's not weak in the sense it's not good, but it tastes like a mix between stale and mild julmust and beer. It really is a sweet low alcohol beer.. You usually blend it with beer or julmust or both.

Drinks     Svagdricka

Just for fun and so I don't go on with drinks nobody feels like trying anyway: what do you prefer? 1, 2 or 3:
Drinks     Julol
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 8:38 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Apotekarnes* You forgot an e, could do a lot - do you say ApotekArnes or ApotEkarnes? And have you had Svagdricka, Radio? It's been around since the late 1800s, also a traditional thing to drink during christmas but I don't know if it's typical Swedish or not. As its name hints Svagdricka = Weak drink. I like it so it's not weak in the sense it's not good, but it tastes like a mix between stale and mild julmust and beer. It really is a sweet low alcohol beer.. You usually blend it with beer or julmust or both.

Drinks     Svagdricka

Just for fun and so I don't go on with drinks nobody feels like trying anyway: what do you prefer? 1, 2 or 3:
Drinks     Julol

Last pic is gone!

I will use my first reply to this topic to take a stand for a funny drink I had back in Leipzig (Germany) last september. Since I'm a teetotaler (if that's the correct word, sounds weird to me not being an English speaker but anyway), I usually stick to the classics (mostly coke). But then I saw a drink which name sounded great, and what the hell I went on for it.

Drinks     ?url=http%3A%2F%2Fassets.coca-colacompany.com%2F7a%2F52%2F098dd9e84239a853d526686acccb%2Fmezzo-mix-banner-germany

So it's a fairly common drink here in Spain, as far as you stick to under 10 birthday parties, where you grab some cola (coke) and some orange fanta and get what's commonly called "guarricola" (would roughly translate to "nastycoke"), which usually ends with stomachached kids! So who could resist?

And I became kind of addicted, I drank it everyday for the week I was there, and I've been missing it ever since. They say in wikipedia you can also find it in Finland, did it get to Sweden too RR? In any case, 10/10 recommended if you like your coke with a non-alcoholic twist!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 pm

It was a picture of a dark, medium and light beer.

Never heard of or seen that Mezzo Mix here. What does it taste like? Coke and Fanta?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Yes it's a little strange since it gains... "power" somehow, but tastes closer to coke than fanta that's for sure. Like coke with a hint of orange, only that that hint is actually kinda noticiable.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:24 pm

Hm. Fruity Coke. Can it sound more artificial? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drinks     Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drinks    Drinks     Empty