The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tattoos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:18 am

Tattoos

For me tattoos are pure art. It's a tribute to the art itself and so much more intimate than any painting on a wall could ever be, well that goes without saying really as it's obviously marked in your skin, but it being marked in your skin makes it particular (I don't necessarily have to think that my tattoo is the most attractive drawing though). There's no bad tattoo artists in the sense that their design doesn't look good - it's all a matter of taste as with any painting. On the other hand there's bad artists when it comes to how one thinks something is gonna age, be placed or hygien etc, but that's not the point of this thread. The point is to give our opinions on tattoo arts.

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 1:47 am

So this is an artist I need to bring up. I'd seen his tattoo pics on the internet, then I went and talked to him, then I found out he'd won the Swedish Ink Master. And I understand why. His pieces are breathtakingly beautiful. I love the realistic touch, the colours and lines that just gets loose. Ladies and Gentlemen; Jacob Pedersen:

Tattoos    Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREbyb4157gMlgDz4f1AUhdLXkluqNgbGaoCbtnQiXqfVbgf81C Tattoos    JacobPedersen4
Tattoos    JacobPedersen21 Tattoos    Idag_ska_jag_bli_tatuerad_for_forsta_gangen_Det_ar_Jacob_Pedersen_som_far_ha_den_aran
Tattoos    Artist--jacob_pedersen--tattoo_0131366301189 Tattoos    Artist--jacob_pedersen--tattoo_0241366301571
Tattoos    Tattoo-meltdown-jacob-pedersen Tattoos    PdmDPKL7cd8

Tattoos    Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRK00OK_p7s8OrJPZDqnBzNfUXsRDaCee8ShNZP8UTH2VshWTno_A

Last edited by RockRosen on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 pm

I have no problem with tattoos or tattoo artists, they've both been around a lot longer than the current tattoo fad that seems to be sweeping the planet. I looked at the pics you posted and its obvious that he is a talented artist, would i let him tattoo my arms and legs etc etc, no i wouldn't. I'm thinking of getting into the tattoo removal business, you know the old cliche about a fool and his money, the dumbed down will be crying out for tattoo removals very very soon, they can shave their own beard off but removing tattoos is a bit more technical.

If i wanted to look like a sheep i'd buy a sheepskin coat, far cheaper than a tattoo and easier to get rid of.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:57 pm

I guess that in a way a tattoo is a tribute to something - a person, an event in your life or in history, or just to the art itself. I'm sure there'll be days when one doesn't appreciate one's tattoo at that moment, maybe it doesn't look good anymore or feels like it's representing the person anylonger, but then it's like removing an old scar you at one point in your life wanted to put there. Whatever one feels like doing to make oneself feel better and more satisfied with oneself is a good reason for getting or removing a tattoo I think. A jacket can be something to browse that too, but not in the same level of commitment or desire to make a change?
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 am

Why do people feel the need to cover their entire body in tattoos, covering your entire arm or leg with a tattoo is such a stupid decision. I'm sorry to have to say this, and maybe im a bit old fashioned or sexist or something, but they look far worse on women than they do on men.

Do these people really believe that the tattoos they cover themselves in today will still be relevant in 30 years time? I mean the entire arm and leg people, not just a solitary tattoo or two.

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 8:14 am

Well about the 30 years time question (even though it may have been rhetorical) I refer to my previous post.

And I'm sure the ones getting tattoos thinks it does look good. Ofc it has to do with taste and way of thinking about it. If you don't like jeans jackets then you hopefully wont wear one, maybe you think it's ugly on others even though it looks slightly better on some. I guess why tattoos give stronger reactions in that sense is because for those who doesn't think it looks good with tattoos the idea of actually making a commitment to wear that jeans jacket for the rest of their lives despite outgrowing it makes them think it's slightly unbelievable - in every sense.

If there was something you really wanted today, would you do it even though you knew there'd be a possibility you wouldn't like it as much ten years from now? If no, then what's the point of life if you can't live in the moment.

That escalated quickly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 9:21 am

I forgot to add.......tattoos show a distinct lack of individuality, and a total lack of foresight.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 11:34 am

You're having a conversation with yourself but ok, I'ma keep on talking to the wall Smile I think its both a collective message and an individual one. A tattoo couldnt be more personal and say something about the skin (the person with the tattoo) in som way, while it's probably also a yearning to want to be included in a group of style.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 1:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:19 pm

Uneducated Thug wrote:
I have no problem with tattoos or tattoo artists, they've both been around a lot longer than the current tattoo fad that seems to be sweeping the planet. I looked at the pics you posted and its obvious that he is a talented artist, would i let him tattoo my arms and legs etc etc, no i wouldn't.

My thoughts exactly. I don't think I'd ever tattoo myself since I'm afraid of needles. But even if I wasn't, I'll really think well where I would choose to have it. It's difficult for me to picture anyone who would not get tired of having a tattoo in her/his hand or face or another "visible" part of their body. I personally wouldn't care of what others could think, but I would be the one growing to dislike them I think.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:11 pm

Well during the first couple of months I looked at mine several times a day, now it goes days when I don't even think about the fact that it's there. It's like a mold, only far more artistic lol.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:30 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Well during the first couple of months I looked at mine several times a day, now it goes days when I don't even think about the fact that it's there. It's like a mold, only far more artistic lol.

Hahahaha never thought about it that way, I always thought they were something too obvious not to be aware of like every day. But then again I don't have them, I guess is like when you get a new haircut, you really notice something different the first days, then you get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tattoos    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tattoos    Tattoos    Empty

Back to top Go down

Tattoos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Art :: Drawings/paintings/digital art-
Jump to: