The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Empty
PostSubject: Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls   Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:51 am

Woho, a photography section! Very Happy Thought I kick-start this section by sharing some photos by my favorite photographer!

I love to sit and just look around at photographies. Finding new photographers I like and read about them, their thoughts about their photos, what cameras and techniques they use etc. Nick Brandt is a photographer I discovered about a year ago. Besides being a photographer, he has directed a lot of music videos (two of them are Michael Jacksons "Earth song" and"Childhood"). But for me, it's not about the music videos. It's about his amazing photos, mostly from his exhibition "On This Earth A Shadow Falls".

Every time I see them, they take my breath away, so much that I really don't know what to say about them. They're simply amazing. Some may think that it's just photographies of animals, but for me, they are so much more than that. There is so much emotion in these photos, so many different emotions... In a way, I feel calm and happy when I see these photographies. It makes me feel good to see these animals being free, living in the environment they should live, and not being trapped in zoo's. It makes me feel like they're home, like they wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
But at the same time, the photographies with the humans kind off make me feel unease. Might have something to do with the name of the exhibition... Like the humans are the shadows that fall on this earth (Okay, getting a little to deep now, haha).

I've been trying to find some of these photographies as posters to hang in my room, but it's harder than I thought... But some day I'm going to have them, have a picture of a majestic lion and a powerful, amazing elephant hanging over my bed Very Happy

So what do you guys think about his photographies? Do you like it or not? If you do, have any favorites?

Here are some of the photos (took them from google):

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls <a href=Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Aaapic10" />

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls <a href=Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Elepha11" />

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls <a href=Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Nick-b10" />

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls <a href=Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Ranger10" />

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls <a href=Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Image-10" />

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls <a href=Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Elepha12" />
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls   Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 am

Wow..just wow. These pictures are breathtaking! I love that it's black and white. It gives it a simplicity with the many textures of grey, but it also helps focus on the image speaking volumes in a powerful way. I don't have a favorite photographer, but I do like photography and enjoy looking at photos such as the kind here. The capture of one moment in time, and in that moment so much to say. It's amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls   Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:51 am

Cheavy: I definitly agree with you about the fact that they are amazing in black and white, the pictures definitly wouldn't have been the same if they were in colour!
You are very welcome! Smile I can say that this is only the start, heh, I have tons of photographies and photographers I want to share here!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls   Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 10:45 pm

Astonishing pictures, Radioactive. Beautiful. I somehow like that you're thinking one step further with the meaning of the pictures, the sad thought that the humans are the ones who cast their shadow, and that the pictures of the humans show that, while the animal picture shows us what powerful and wonderful creatures we're having and unfortunately but probably one day only will have had. A tribute to them, maybe a desperate one. Sad but beautiful.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls   Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:29 am

A tribute to them - sad but beautiful at the same time - you took the words right of my mouth RR! Sometimes I really have a hard time putting my thoughts into words - but you Did just that! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls   Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick Brandt - On This Earth A Shadow Falls
Page 1 of 1