The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Songs

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:50 am

Post christmas songs that you have something to say about here.

What should a christmas song be about, what feelings should it generate? Does all genres fit?

santa

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:03 am

A word I like to imagine when thinking about christmas is the wintery cosiness. A christmas song shall be cosy, joyful or thoughtful. Might be a ballad, might be a more up tempo song.
Like these traditional songs:

Spoiler:

But at the same time it's important not to live in an imaginary dream. That's why this also is fav (anti) christmas song of mine. I know I've posted it before.

Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:23 am

It still feels too early to play Christmas music. I'd say ask me in another month.. but I'm not one to be a Grinch.  rendeer  

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:36 pm

I usually feel like November is way to early to play christmas songs to... But for some reason, this year, I've been listening to christmas songs and longing for christmas since the end of October, heh Very Happy Here's a little different version of a classic christmas song that I like:

Speaking of christmas, I should probably start thinking about christmas gifts...
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 12:27 am

I have a rule, i don't buy anything at all from any business that puts out a Christmas advert before December, if everyone did that there would be no Christmas adverts before December. Makes perfect sense to me. I'd bet my left ball that right now there's a team of people that are being paid very very well to come up with a believable reason to have Christmas twice a year. You do have to question the sanity of the masses when atheists are looking forward to Christmas, don't you. Its a crazy world and it just keeps on getting crazier.

I do like Christmas though.

This has become a hymn where im from, by the time Christmas actually arrives i'll want to kill every member of this band.

Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Uneducated Thug wrote:
I have a rule, i don't buy anything at all from any business that puts out a Christmas advert before December, if everyone did that there would be no Christmas adverts before December. Makes perfect sense to me. I'd bet my left ball that right now there's a team of people that are being paid very very well to come up with a believable reason to have Christmas twice a year. You do have to question the sanity of the masses when atheists are looking forward to Christmas, don't you. Its a crazy world and it just keeps on getting crazier.

I do like Christmas though.

This has become a hymn where im from, by the time Christmas actually arrives i'll want to kill every member of this band.

Smile

I don't see why that's insane in comparison with anything else we do. Atheists are looking forward to christmas because of the practical tradition, not the theoretical one when it's about the bible, even if that's how it all started. As I've said I like the cosiness of christmas, I guess one could really say that I like the darkness, the lights people put up and the food that is getting some bit of extra attention. Other from that, I don't really like christmas. It's the happiest and the saddest holiday at the same time. I'm not planning on buying any gifts. I'll make some things as I did last year I guess. I'll give people the honour of my presence.

I like the sound of that song though, thug.

Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:09 am

It is slightly insane if you think about it for a second or two, non-believers celebrating the birth of someone that they don't believe existed.

I'm not a religious person so it doesn't annoy me and I'm not saying they shouldn't join in with the Christmas celebrations, it is slightly hypocritical though isn't it?

Anyway.........another one of those Christmas songs that have been driving me mental for years, when this is playing my ears just shut down.

What kind of things did you make last Christmas?
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:28 am

Well no, because I'm sure that the ancestors of the atheists that are celebrating Christmas today really was religious, and we're just continuing with the tradition we grew up with, more like a celebration of the tradition itself than because of why it was originally celebrated. We're all still hearing about the Christian story every single year, and in a whole family there might be at least one believer, then shouldnt the rest celebrate Christmas or should we all just ignore it and seperate ourselves due to the religion? I think we're making religious things less religious and just a traditional part of our traditions, as with easter and such things as well, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. If someone who isn't muslim wants to join in on the ramadan, because the tradition of it itself seems good for you then Why not...? It's something that could be discussed obviously.

I made müsli and Christmas candy (a lot of it).

Oh, this one bring back some memories haha

Radioactive and I performed it at the end of a school year.... Those mad guitarr skills! Hahah...
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 pm

The end of school performance with Radioactive that you mentioned............I'd be amazed in this day and age if that performance wasn't filmed, Christmas is a time for sharing isn't it RR? I think you should share that performance with us all for Christmas Smile

Christmas candy?

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 1:07 pm

Oh that song... Haven't heard that one in a while (not even last Christmas I think). For some reson they show a Michael Bublé Christmas show every year here....

Well it was before the touch phone era anyway, but I do got a video recording I asked a friend to do. I know crazy right, I asked him to record it. Hah, if Radioactive approve I might show it to you when someone else but Zlatan wins the golden ball prime for being Sweden's best player (haven't happened during the last seven years anyway).

Christmas candy as in the edible kind, Thug. Ice chocolate dark and milk chocolate, cola caramells, peanutbutter pralins... I know there were three or so more kinds but I don't know what they're called right now...  
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:11 pm

I like Christmas in a way because of the nostalgic memories from when I was a kid. It was really special when I was little. The decorations, the presents, the food; they all seemed that much bigger. Nowadays, not so much being much older, but every year, I do enjoy thinking back to when I loved it. For me, it really has nothing to do with religion. I don't give it much thought one way or another. I jump on the Christmas bandwagon because it can be fun. Do things at this time of year you don't normally do. What's terrible (and maybe amazing at the same time) are all the stores transformed into these massive marketing machines on steroids. Beat the season. Get ahead of the game. Buy something for somebody that nobody wants. Those Salvation Army bell ringers? Yeah, they are already outside every store ringing away. I just want them to at least wait until after Thanksgiving. Part of what also used to make it special was that it never felt like it lasted half the year.

Oh and making things for Christmas is a great idea, RR. I mean, nothing says Merry Christmas like a homebaked goodie and the time you put into it. I'm going to do more of that this year. It's either that or I could gift everyone a photo of myself, but that's being slightly on the narcissistic, uncreative side now. Seriously though, my cousin did that one year, photos for everyone, framed.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:22 am

Haha, oh god, that performance....! I had almost forgotten completely about it. Forgotten or repressed haha, I'm not sure...
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:15 am

Yeah even the grocery store has gone christmas here already, and all the christmas decorations in town are up. I like it though, the decorations. Haha and how awesome wouldn't that be - giving away photos of yourself... Actually... I've done that. But hey, isn't that what relatives want? A photo so that they can look at their prodigy whenever they feel like because they probably will barely see you until next christmas?

What's there to repress, Radioactive? We rocked it. Well... if we'd plugged in those guitars we might've.

Edit: progeny^ haha. Speaking of narcissistic.
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 am

I parked under a giant stocking hanging on a street lamp pole today.. Maybe the photo thing is a more popular idea than I thought. I might could pull it off if I was a prodigy. Being a progeny isn't enough these days. I don't know what everyone else did with my cousin's picture, but I never hung it up. It's not that I don't like staring at my cousin's face, having it stay frozen and very picture-like on my wall year round, smiling and following me with their eyes every time I pass by it. I just like my walls spartan.

Did you guys do performances regularly? Or was that a one time thing? Maybe one time was enough? I can't imagine doing that; I applaud you both.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:55 am

When i think of Christmas i think of snow, Santa and Rudolph and the sleigh and lots of snow. I've never actually seen snow on Christmas Day, Ive seen grey skies and rain and gusts of wind that feel like a slap across the face, but Ive never seen snow at Christmas. I'm not complaining, snows great to look at but a pain in the arse in every other way.

Another Christmas hit that drives me mad, the difference between this and the others is that i once liked the others, even if it was only for a brief moment in time, but Ive always hated this one. Id be amazed if this was a hit anywhere other than here, nowhere else is stupid enough to buy it. Sorry to push this onto you but Ive had to listen to it for years so you should have to listen too.

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 9:36 am

Haha well it'd be hilarious to actually give my friends ego pics for christmas presents "This is me before you met me. This is me in Canada. This is me and you from last month, well mostly me. This is me..."

No it was more like a once in a lifetime kind of thing. I've preformed like that maybe a couple times before but I don't count that as I was too young for it to actually have been a bigger achievement.

Snow on christmas eve is what everybody wish for (even people who don't like snow)...

I recognize the melody to that song, has that melody been sung with another lyrics?
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:49 am

Radioactive wrote:
Haha, oh god, that performance....! I had almost forgotten completely about it. Forgotten or repressed haha, I'm not sure...

You'll be able to see it all over again when RR posts it, i bet you cant wait can you? I cant.

Smile

Just a warning, if there are any sharp objects laying around move them, put them somewhere out of sight, if there's any guns in the house just make sure they're locked away and not loaded.You will feel like killing yourself after about 30 seconds of this tune.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:07 pm

RockRosen wrote:

I recognize the melody to that song, has that melody been sung with another lyrics? [/color]

I dont know, but if it has i'll hate the other song aswell.

The Zlatan thing you mentioned the other day, technically he is retired, playing football in the French league is the same as being retired.

Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Uneducated Thug wrote:
Radioactive wrote:

You'll be able to see it all over again when RR posts it, i bet you cant wait can you? I cant.

Smile

Just a warning, if there are any sharp objects laying around move them, put them somewhere out of sight, if there's any guns in the house just make sure they're locked away and not loaded.You will feel like killing yourself after about 30 seconds of this tune.

Haha of course, can't wait...!

And gosh, that song... You were right, although it took me only 20 seconds to go mad and wanting to kill myself.
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:08 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Haha well it'd be hilarious to actually give my friends ego pics for christmas presents "This is me before you met me. This is me in Canada. This is me and you from last month, well mostly me. This is me..."

No it was more like a once in a lifetime kind of thing. I've preformed like that maybe a couple times before but I don't count that as I was too young for it to actually have been a bigger achievement.  
lmao. I present you with the gift of me. Don't forget the wallet size so your face can be nice and portable.

A performance none the less. I can't wait to see it either.

And that song, the one where listening to it makes sharp objects start to look appealing, what the fug is up with her saying Bethleyham? All my life I thought it was Bethlehem.

Most Christmas songs were made to be annoying right? It's memorable that way.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:21 pm

To break the chain of annoying christmas songs, here's one I actually really like (it's in swedish though):

Although, I don't like the artist who sings it, and I don't like it because it makes me feel like christmas, haha. I actually only like it because it makes me think of two of my favorite characters from my favorite tv-show. In a way, the lyrics fits them really well (I've been thinking about making a fan made music video with this song and the characters for a while now actually...).
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:59 pm

Haha, I've got 60 or so wallet sized pics of myself, from school - they're seven years old or so but could be a good way to get rid of them? You want 16 of 'em Cheavs? Smile

.... Dean and Sam, Radioactive?
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 am

Yepp, Dean and Sam Wink
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:38 am

RockRosen wrote:
Haha, I've got 60 or so wallet sized pics of myself, from school - they're seven years old or so but could be a good way to get rid of them? You want 16 of 'em Cheavs? Smile

Thanks, but it'll be a waste on me. No offense,  I just don't really know what I'd do with 1 let alone 16 miniature yous from seven years ago. Save them to make someone else's Christmas brighter Wink
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:11 pm

You could always use 'em as fire enhancers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Songs   Christmas Songs Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Songs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next