The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me Empty
PostSubject: Norah Jones - Come Away With Me   Norah Jones - Come Away With Me EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 am

I’m very familiar with Norah Jones and her voice sure is mezmerising. She reminds me a little bit of Dido and Lisa Ekdahl in a way, she’s much warmer though. It’s a pity I picture the video of ”Sunrise” every time I hear her voice... That’s slightly unfortunate as that video is a bit awkward, and a bit too sweet and wonderful - kinda like Russia’s music video in last year’s ESC. Fortunately in this case though, MTV doesn’t show music vids anymore. I said her voice is mezmerising, it’s rich yet soft with a depth. The sound is very nice and relaxing, a tad sad, almost fuzzy even though it’s so clear, and so peaceful it’ll wag you to sleep. Fits at a lonesome pub late in the night, the cold walk in the rain, the warm walk in the summer weather park, in the cosy couch at home with a glass of red wine and box of chocolate in your lap - without paying attention to the lyrics. The album is even, could be a bit protracted and repetitive if you’re not in the mood for it.

It was a pretty long time ago since I listened at Norah, it should be something to do every once in a while but not a too regular happening, for me anyway.

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Norah Jones - Come Away With Me   Norah Jones - Come Away With Me EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 1:05 am

She definitely has a lovely voice--beautiful, dramatic, soft and warm really; all the qualities needed to simply melt away stress after a long days work, the kind of day suffered with people screaming in your face all day long. And I think that's all this music is for really; To relax--not run a 5 K or something like that..that wouldn't make sense as your heart is pounding... It's like the music is your sad buddy who is there to hug you when no else is around.. The music has intended purpose and with that purpose it's well accomplished...I heard music more than the words--I felt emotion in the sounds...

I don't think Ms. Jones really tried to stretch her vocal limits all that much. It would've been nice to hear some change of pace music on the record. Test out her voice--instead she remains kinda flat in a way..it can get boring or redundant--Maybe she experiments on later works, after all this is the debut album..

Really I don't have too many complaints about it..it's a very warm and comforting record..I'm glad I've heard it and it's good to hear at least once but like RR said, not too often..at least for me that is the case..

..Recently until now I was reminded of Norah when I happened to see her on that TED movie...

(^What's more awkward than being in movie with a talking bear?)
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Music :: Albums-
Jump to: