The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  Empty
PostSubject: Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I    Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:57 pm

So, Kaizers Orchestra is a rock band from Norway that formed in 1999. Violeta Violeta Volume I was released in 2011, and is followed by Violeta Violeta Volume II and Violeta Violeta Volume III. Together, all the albums and songs tell a story, so not only do you get to listen to amazing music, but you also get to hear a interesting story (that takes quite a while to figure out since it's in norwegian, but it's worth it), and as if that wasn't enough - they also have some amazing and beautiful music videos for you to enjoy!

Thought I start with reviewing Violeta Violeta Volume I. And before I start to talk about the music I have to talk about the album cover. Seriously, how amazing isn't it? It's so god damn beautiful, and man, imagine being able to draw something like that... Oh yeah, right, maybe I should share my thoughts on the music as well.

There is no denial that the music on this album is weird and special (actually, all their music is weird and special). The first time I heard one of their songs I actually hated it. It was simply to weird and freaky and yuck, I couldn't stand it. Then a few years later, I heard their music again; and boy was I happy that I had changed my mind about their music. Now I love it, and I have totally gotten used to the band singing in only norwegian. Tbh, I think that that was one of the things that made me dislike the band at first. But when you give their songs a chance, you change your mind pretty fast and realize that they have amazing and emotional songs like "Hjerteknuser" and up-beat, unique and kind off weird (in a good way) songs like "Psycho under min hatt" and "Svarte katter&flosshatter" that you would just love to party to (anyone on with me on this...?).

The thing that I really like about this album is that it has so much variety. If you feel like listening to a emotional song, or a up-beat song, or a crazy, somewhat freaky song - this album has it. What I also like is that there is a lot more deep and emotion to the songs then you might think of the first times you hear them. It's like every time you listen to the songs - you learn something new about them. And because of that, I can never get tired of the songs. And come on, the singers voice...? I could listen to it 24/7 and never get tired of it. Maybe he's not the typical amazing singer, i don't know, but I just think that he sings with such emotion and that he truly thinks about every songs story when he sings.

If anyone would be interested to read the lyrics (there are translations in english here, so don't worry, you don't have to read norweigan Wink ), here's a website with them: http://kaizers.konzertjunkie.com/lyrics.php?lang

This kind off felt like a review off all the volumes... But it's really hard to separate them when there all so connected. For me, they kind of blend into each other.

I would like to end this review with sharing the music video to "Hjerteknuser". Seriously, this is one of the most beautiful music videos I have ever seen. Watch it. If not for the music video, then for the singer, Janove. Damn, he looks so good...

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I    Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:58 pm

Radioactive wrote:

The first time I heard one of their songs I actually hated it. It was simply to weird and freaky and yuck, I couldn't stand it.

Yeah, I remember that. ....... And then when I'd stopped listening to them, they were ok! *shakes my head* .... *with a smile and glimpse in my eye*

Radioactive wrote:

Watch it. If not for the music video, then for the singer, Janove. Damn, he looks so good...

Well. He looks good. But let's not exaggerate. Wink

Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  Janove

Ok, he looks very good.

And about that cover, it is quite nice, specially like the old-looking style. Tattoo it! Wink

About the album, I posted the album Våre Demoner by Kaizers at another forum back in the days, and I say about this as I believe I said about that one. I love their pompous circus sound and the fact that it's sung in Norweigan makes it perfect. One can hear very clearly from album to album that it's Kaizers, they have their own sound, ofc including their own gold - oil - as they sometimes use oil drums as instruments. My favourite song of them is Resistansen, but that one isn't from this album so I'll choose another one... I actually haven't listened very much to this album, but one song that I have listened to more than the others are Hjerteknuser as you posted.

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I    Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:44 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Radioactive wrote:

The first time I heard one of their songs I actually hated it. It was simply to weird and freaky and yuck, I couldn't stand it.

Yeah, I remember that. ....... And then when I'd stopped listening to them, they were ok! *shakes my head* .... *with a smile and glimpse in my eye*

Radioactive wrote:

Watch it. If not for the music video, then for the singer, Janove. Damn, he looks so good...

Well. He looks good. But let's not exaggerate. Wink

Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  Janove

Ok, he looks very good.

And about that cover, it is quite nice, specially like the old-looking style. Tattoo it! Wink

About the album, I posted the album Våre Demoner by Kaizers at another forum back in the days, and I say about this as I believe I said about that one. I love their pompous circus sound and the fact that it's sung in Norweigan makes it perfect. One can hear very clearly from album to album that it's Kaizers, they have their own sound, ofc including their own gold - oil - as they sometimes use oil drums as instruments. My favourite song of them is Resistansen, but that one isn't from this album so I'll choose another one... I actually haven't listened very much to this album, but one song that I have listened to more than the others are Hjerteknuser as you posted.

Hahah yeah, what can I say.... What a timing Wink

Oooh, that would actually make a awesome tattoo... Would be an amazing back tattoo!

And oh yes, the band definitely has their own sound. They're very unique and definitely a one of a kind! Resistansen is a amazing song, one of their best, absolutely, but if I had to choose THE best... Hm... It's really hard since all of their songs are so amazing, but I think I would say "Aldri Vodka Violeta" or "Begravelsepolka". Probably "Begravelsepolka". That song, and music video, is seriously perfection.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I    Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 11:52 am

Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  IMG_0705
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I    Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 1:58 am

I wasn't familiar with this band until I gave the Våre demonera  album from them a listen, which was a positive one, and I believe I had made a mental note to check out their other works, but never did. After clicking on a couple songs and reading opinions here, it would seem I need to give 'em another listen soon. The variety in their sound is noted and neat.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I    Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Cheavy wrote:
I wasn't familiar with this band until I gave the Våre demonera  album from them a listen, which was a positive one, and I believe I had made a mental note to check out their other works, but never did. After clicking on a couple songs and reading opinions here, it would seem I need to give 'em another listen soon. The variety in their sound is noted and neat.

Giving them another listen sounds great, you will definitely not regret it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I    Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I  Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaizers Orchestra - Violeta Violeta Volume I
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Music :: Albums-
Jump to: