The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheavy
Cheavy

Ash vs. Evil Dead Empty
PostSubject: Ash vs. Evil Dead   Ash vs. Evil Dead EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:42 am

This is one of my favorite shows I'm following/watching. The story is set after the three movies that were made back in the 80s/90s era. Same main character; same story writers. Absolutely fun to watch. It's like an over the top B movie action horror/comedy that never takes itself too seriously; but I feel that's exactly what the show is going for.

Basically we've got our older, but not so much wiser main character, Ash Williams who rebooted this entire evil mess by unwittenly reopening the book of the dead. He proceedes to team up with his co-workers at Value Stop, Pablo and Kelly and together, the three of them have to simply save humanity. No pressure.

But that's just how the story starts...

To get an idea of what you are getting into:

If you watched the older movies, you will get an additional kick out of the inside jokes and some more understanding with the main character/back story. But by no means is it a requirement to watch. This show can stand on it's on; especially with the added chemistry coming from the side characters, Pablo and Kelly; who do a great job of complementing and balancing out the guy who has a chainsaw for a hand and a beer in the other.

The episodes are only a thirty minutes long so it might seem a bit short; but they are pretty jam packed nuggets that can get a bit intense on the gory/crazy side. So I actually think it's best watched like a side dish..or dessert?

It has already aired two seasons on Starz and the third season is on right now!

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Ash vs. Evil Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash vs. Evil Dead   Ash vs. Evil Dead EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 11:22 pm

Seems fun! I like the main character, what's the name of that actor? I haven't watched the old movies but maybe the series would make me interested in watching them, and so the inside jokes would make sense and I'd get an aha-moment. Not my typical kind of genre but the actors can make or break i show or movie and it seems like this is one where the actor could make me give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

Ash vs. Evil Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash vs. Evil Dead   Ash vs. Evil Dead EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 2:08 am

The main character actor is Bruce Campbell. He's worked with director and creator of Evil Dead, Sam Raimi since the beginning of the movies/series creation. I had only watched the third movie and the first two seasons before I decided to watch the first and second movie. The series takes on the atmosphere of the second and third movie with a dab of witty modernization.

Update on the show: Since I last posted this review of the series, I have watched season 3. And in all its fun, gore and wit, I was sad to discover the show was canceled. I felt like the last episode could be an ending or the beginning of something new, but alas, it's the former; The main actor, Mr. Campbell decided not to continue it and to retire the character, officially hanging up that deadite hunting hat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ash vs. Evil Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash vs. Evil Dead   Ash vs. Evil Dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Ash vs. Evil Dead
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV :: TV-series-
Jump to: