The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A listening club?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lahm
Lahm

A listening club? Empty
PostSubject: A listening club?   A listening club? EmptyTue May 09, 2017 11:35 am

So I've just noticed Andy just joined the forum, and I remember how he once shared Bring it on by Gomez back in the MF days. I ended up buying the album, gifting it to my girlfriend and we both enjoyed it quite a lot actually. Someone also recommended Neutral Milk Hotel, a band which I had never even heard of before, and that album (In the aeroplane over the sea) is now one of my favorites.

What do you think, could we make this a thing? Maybe open it up to other formats (like books, movies...)? I know we are only a few at the moment, but little things like this could make a difference, for me at least. I know I was excited to find new bands every other week (or every week if enough people are up for it). With so many music services nowadays we should find it easier to share full albums too (there is also youtube).

Another idea could be start the mixtapes, but then again I am well aware we are not that many and that one could really benefit from a larger crowd sharing songs.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

A listening club? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A listening club?   A listening club? EmptyWed May 10, 2017 1:39 am

I miss the old MF music club! I loved the sharing! And I did find a few treasures that I would have never found myself..and also endured a few listens too, lol. But in any case, I think it would be a good idea to start something like that here again..I know small group so I fear maybe the variety would suffer and we would quickly run out of things to share? I don't know, I'm thinking out loud here. I still think it's a good idea--it doesn't necessarily have to be weekly either.. and it might be interesting like you suggest opening it up to books, movies, games, series.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

A listening club? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A listening club?   A listening club? EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 8:44 pm

I know I'm probably talking to no one atm, but I definately agree..
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

A listening club? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A listening club?   A listening club? Empty

Back to top Go down

A listening club?
Page 1 of 1