The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

13 Reasons Why

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lahm
Lahm

13 Reasons Why Empty
PostSubject: 13 Reasons Why   13 Reasons Why EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:59 pm

13 Reasons Why MV5BYTFmNzRlNWYtMmFmNi00ZTFiLWJhODgtOGM5ODQ5NTgxZWUwL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTExNDQ2MTI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_

This series is so binge-watchable. Sadly my girlfriend and I are watching it together and only get a few hours every weekend to watch some TV. We are currently on episode 2, so this is pretty much spoiler-free. It has nothing to do with it, but made me remember The X-Files. Back in the day, hands down one of my favorite series. But every time I revisit I am upset, and can only find the mood to watch either the "Monster of the week" episodes or the "backstory" ones. And with this series, I feel like they keep the overall theme going thru pretty individual stories for each episode. Keeps you wanting to get more of the main theme, but shows that you may need some side story to grab all the overall details.

The plot is kind of simple. A teenager is dead, and it seems like bullying might have been involved, which becomes obvious in the first minutes of the premiere. Other than the occasional teenage-drama, which as a grown-up might seem trivial, the mystery is well set and every episode keeps you longing for more. I wish that season 1 will offer some closure, but I am not keeping my hopes high. The acting is not outstanding but good enough overall, and I am kind of picky so that is something.

What do you think, have you started watching this one? So far is my favorite new series from netflix this year. Although I am not liking it more than Stranger Things, the best new one from last year for me!
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

13 Reasons Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Reasons Why   13 Reasons Why EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 1:48 am

So is there a sci-fi element to this show? Because you said it reminded you of the X-Files so that's why I ask. I really liked the X-Files, so the comparison enough might have me give it a try. That and another friend of mine says she can't stop watching this show..

Oh and speaking of X-Files (kinda off subject, I know) did you see their six episode run last year?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

13 Reasons Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Reasons Why   13 Reasons Why EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:04 am

Actually I only brought The X-Files up because of the episode type dychotomy hehehe. Nothing sci-fi to it, pretty much a teen-mystery show, done pretty well in my own opinion.

And I'm still waiting to watch those and trying not to get any spoilers. It's been ages since I last watched the whole show, so I planned in watching all the seasons and movie before watching the new season... didn't find the time so far, I guess I'll end up watching the new season one of these days instead.
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

13 Reasons Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Reasons Why   13 Reasons Why EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 1:30 am

Ah, ok. Still might check it out though; given I'm watching Riverdale (another teen mystery show) and I find that one compelling to watch.

Yeah, there's a lot of episodes/movies to go through, so it might take a while, but I guess worth it for the story's sake. I don't remember a lot, but I think the new season from last year can also stand alone even if you knew nothing.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

13 Reasons Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Reasons Why   13 Reasons Why EmptySat Apr 29, 2017 2:50 am

Oh thanks, didn't know that one, I'll add it to my list Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

13 Reasons Why Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Reasons Why   13 Reasons Why Empty

Back to top Go down

13 Reasons Why