The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knock Knock

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheavy
Cheavy

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 am

Knock Knock Knock_knock

Knock Knock stars Keanu Reeves (Yes, I know. I'm reviewing another Keanu movie. Ehhrm, John Wick any one? Coincidence? You bet.)

The film is directed by Eli Roth, who is known for having his wife in his films and also particular to the horror genre so you can kinda get an idea what atmosphere this movie is in. I can also be boring and sum up the movie in one sentence; Knock Knock is about two young women who seduce a married father.

But Imagine.

It's a dark and stormy night. The rain is tap dancing on the roof of your posh, modern home. Your two children and wife are at the beach for the weekend. Without you. You're home alone. Working late. And there's a knock at the door. You open the door and two young women are staring at you. Don't let them in. It's safer that way. You know it. But they plead with you. And it's raining. Let them in and it's the first step to the classic case of taking you from A to B to C to you're up to Z in tragedy. It starts innocent, but ends up so twisted. And all along you feel like he knew what was going on, knew what was happening was so wrong, but couldn't help but play out his role.

Yeah this really happened:

^ Highlight of the movie: Discovering this song.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptyWed Apr 26, 2017 6:46 pm

So is this jumpscare-free? I'm meeting some friends soon and they always try to talk me into watching horror movies, and this has Keanu so I could try and force it to the top of the list. But I can't stand jumpscares, I end up "watching" with my eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 1:35 am

Haha, jump scare movies are a love/hate thing for me. I don't like the scare, but I try to take it like a challenge and not get scared. Doesn't really work for me, lol..

But yeah, this movie is not the jump scare kind. It's suspenseful and the horror is really in what these girls do to the poor man.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptyThu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 am

So then it is a perfect choice, I'll pitch it to my friends when they come by later this week, thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptySun May 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Welcome Smile ..So, how'd it go over with your friends, if they indeed decided to watch the movie?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock EmptyTue May 09, 2017 2:39 am

They ended up wasting the whole night trying to choose something out of netflix. Turns out they had already watched 95% of all the movies there (maybe a little less but it surely seemed like it). We started "movie night" at midnight and 1:30 came before we started watching anything. I had had enough so made them watch a bollywood drama about a young guy who gets killed by some indian mafioso and is reborn as a killer-fly and ends up saving the girl (hope you weren't planning on watching!). It was bizarre but me and my girlfriend ended up laughing our asses off the whole night. The guest may have not been that pleased but they should have chosen knock knock, or for what matters anything out of the netflix's infinite catalogue. Good god, what a night. Will try and watch it some other day in any case. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knock Knock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock   Knock Knock Empty

Back to top Go down

Knock Knock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV :: Movies-
Jump to: