The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Harmontown

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 am

Speaking of ”Community"... Exclamation

Lahm wrote:
You can find the podcast in here: http://www.harmontown.com/category/podcasts/

I started listening right from the beginning, at one point the start carrying out a Dungeons & Dragons campaign, so one could feel a little lost at that part of the podcast. But the rest is nice, just that guy saying whatever comes to his head, may them like it or not.

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:33 am

Highly recommended podcast! When I first listened to it I went from the very first episodes right to their lastest one, totally worth it! I'll try and expand on this this weekend.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:35 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Wow (unless you started listening to it right in the beginning of the podcast's existence). How long is one episode? I haven't watched it yet, but saw the trailer to the Harmontown movie - anything you've seen, seems like it's out?

Lahm wrote:
Oh and the episodes are quite long, I think 1 hour and a half to 2 hours, it took me a long time to listen to them all. They did that documentary from recordings from a set of live shows around the USA they did I think a few years ago now, it has taken sooo long to get the documentary out. I didn't have a chance to watch it yet, but I'll definitely will.

(moving the discussion about McHale to a thread of his own)

Wow that is long. There's hundreds of episodes too, so I don't really think I'll be listening in from the beginning hehe.. Which year did it start?  Ah yeah, think I saw something about 2013.

Last edited by RockRosen on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 3:27 pm

RockRosen wrote:

RockRosen wrote:
Wow (unless you started listening to it right in the beginning of the podcast's existence). How long is one episode? I haven't watched it yet, but saw the trailer to the Harmontown movie - anything you've seen, seems like it's out?

Lahm wrote:
Oh and the episodes are quite long, I think 1 hour and a half to 2 hours, it took me a long time to listen to them all. They did that documentary from recordings from a set of live shows around the USA they did I think a few years ago now, it has taken sooo long to get the documentary out. I didn't have a chance to watch it yet, but I'll definitely will.

(moving the discussion about McHale to a thread of his own)

Wow that is long. There's hundreds of episodes too, so I don't really think I'll be listening in from the beginning hehe.. Which year did it start?  Ah yeah, think I saw something about 2013.

Yes it would be a lot of time, I catch them around episode 70 or so I think and took me a few months to catch up! In the first episodes they talk about having been doing that thing but without recording and thus making it a podcast for a year before they started recording officially.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Oh ok. Do they have a special theme or subject per episode?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 10:19 pm

There's not a fixed subject as far as I know. Dan brings some sort of notes on his iPad or iSomething and uses them as topic guide, but most of the times they just flow with the show, maybe someone in the audience has something to say and they follow up on that thought. There's also no fixed list of guest / co-hosts: Dan is always there, and Jeff Davies as "comptroller". But many times other friends of Dan's show up as co-host when Jeff is unable to be on the show. Dan's fiancée (now wife since a few weeks ago) Erin McGathy also takes part pretty often, as does Dungeon Master Spencer Crittenden. But the rest of the show, no clue whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Hm alright. Have you played dragons and dungeons? It's a game right?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 am

Yes it's a role-playing game. You are given (you get to pick certain traits) a character with said abilities, skills and equipment, and you have to interact with a fantasy environment designed by the Dungeon Master, where you'll be required to accomplish some missions. There are few other charcters played by people in your side/band/team, and the enemies are usually played by the Dungeon Master. It's turn-based and every action/move would be successful or not depending on your base abilities and die-derived chance. You are informed by the Dungeon Master about the fate of your character's actions. It sounds like incredible fun time activity but I've never got any chance of playing it :S
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:27 am

Hm okey. Not that I've played world of Warcraft but sounds a bit alike?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:40 am

RockRosen wrote:
Hm okey. Not that I've played world of Warcraft but sounds a bit alike?

I guess since both involve role-playing and I think you get certain characteristics and easier evolution towards one type of strength or the other, but I've never played WoW so I can't really say for certain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harmontown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harmontown   Harmontown Empty

Back to top Go down

Harmontown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Podcasts-
Jump to: