The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Community

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Community    Community  EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Community  250px-Community_title
I'm currently hooked on the comedy series Community. I've watched an episode every once in a while when I've caught it on TV and there's been nothing else to watch, but now I just find it quite relaxing to watch it. Each episode is 30 mins long and even though there's a new story for each episode there's also a bigger story that follows through the seasons. I wanted to watch it all from the beginning, so I'm only on episode 5, season 1 so far. It's about the (former) lawyer Jeff who cheats his way through everything he can, which is why he got kicked back to school as his lawyer license wasn't 100% approved. At school he starts a study group with a gang of quite different people.
Created by Dan Harmon.

Anybody else watched it?

Community  1097682-gf
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:48 am

Hell yeah! This one of my all time favorites no question about it, I'm currently waiting for the 6th season (and a movie!) to come out, should be out soon enough. Seasons 1-3 are pure gold in my opinion, especially seasons 1 and 2. There's such a great balance between humor and love, but not getting into the cliché moves everybody could expect... I don't want to spoil anything but... Season 2 spoiler coming...

Spoiler:

It also has so many little great details. Supporting characters such as starburns played by Dino Stomatopoulos who is so frigging funny! And what is there to say about John Oliver (whose podcast I'm a great fan of). And they also got really great guest stars. For instance, Betty White appeard in the Season 2 premier playing a teacher who was a little much too tough for regular class attendees. That very episode sets up one of the simplest yet more recognizable moments of the series:

Too bad the conclusion of Jeff's presentation is not featured on the video, it was one of my favorite moments of the season (featuring Mrs White). Here's my girlfriend's personal favorite moment. When we were watching this I swear we had to pause because we couldn't follow up given the amount of laughter. Such a great, funny little scene.

I have also followed Dan Harmon (Series creator and mastermind) career outside Community, I'm also a devoted listener of his podcast, Harmontown, featuring him, Jeff Davies (known from Whose Line is it Anyway?), and many comedians such as Kumail Nanjiani and Bobcat Goldthwait. One of his fellow co-workers, Spencer Critteden, has appeared on the show as Annie's brother. He went from audience member to podcast collaborator to Harmon's protégé in less than a year, pretty awesome dude.

I'd strongly recommend to follow his podcast, and especially, his other co-created show, Rick and Morty, which for me is one of the strongest ongoing shows right now! Go watch it you won't regret it.

And back to Community, could leave without saying nobody does pal-war like Community and their paintball games to death, they are so worth watching I won't even reveal any detail. Great series. Weak 4th season. Notable 5th season. Exceptional 1st to 3rd seasons. Let's see where the 6th season lands!
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:13 am

I've heard of Community; checking out one or two odd episodes (one of them featuring paintball) and it was pretty funny, the little bit I've seen. Which makes me wonder why I've never checked out more of it.. Been looking for a comedy kind of show to get into and after reading what Lahm wrote, this looks like the ticket. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am

Cheavy wrote:
I've heard of Community; checking out one or two odd episodes (one of them featuring paintball) and it was pretty funny, the little bit I've seen. Which makes me wonder why I've never checked out more of it.. Been looking for a comedy kind of show to get into and after reading what Lahm wrote, this looks like the ticket. Very Happy

I really think you won't regret watching it! And also there's a 1 hour and 20 minutes video containing all the first season's outtakes which is also pretty funny. I love me some bloopers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 2:07 pm

Oh now I'm even happier I started watching it! Looking forward to each and every episode. That cat hah..

Do you have a link to that podcast btw? Seems fun, and Jeff being my fav it sure sounds great. I chicken on that spoiler tag, didn't read longer than to when you first mentioned Jeff, I'll get back to you when I've seen it (which will probably be quite soon). I love the chemistry and randomness of the group. Latest episode of season 1 i watched was when they had that carpe diem teacher haha...

They also show a later season on TV which I'm seeing, but don't know which season. This mordning they were telling each other ghost stories to see who is a psycopath (based on Brittas psychology test). Also, Jeff has a short beard in this season, you know which it is?

Ooh and I love bloopers..! I also read about the movie, do you know when it shall come out? This year, next year..?  

Haha and the episode before that was when Chang had a monologue in his head as an inspector and later burnt down his office.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Oh now I'm even happier I started watching it! Looking forward to each and every episode. That cat hah..

Do you have a link to that podcast btw? Seems fun, and Jeff being my fav it sure sounds great. I chicken on that spoiler tag, didn't read longer than to when you first mentioned Jeff, I'll get back to you when I've seen it (which will probably be quite soon). I love the chemistry and randomness of the group. Latest episode of season 1 i watched was when they had that carpe diem teacher haha...

They also show a later season on TV which I'm seeing, but don't know which season. This mordning they were telling each other ghost stories to see who is a psycopath (based on Brittas psychology test). Also, Jeff has a short beard in this season, you know which it is?

Ooh and I love bloopers..! I also read about the movie, do you know when it shall come out? This year, next year..?  

Haha and the episode before that was when Chang had a monologue in his head as an inspector and later burnt down his office.

Oh, I love the ghost stories episode, that would be season 3, let me check... yes, season 3 episode 5 "Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps".

The Carpe Diem was the "stand on your desks" guy right? hahaha that was nice. That was close to the "Ultimate Blow Off Class" Jeff's always looking for. Lately in the season he finds his real blow off class of the year. And if you watched Arrested Development, that episode would be even better, guaranteed!

You can find the podcast in here: http://www.harmontown.com/category/podcasts/

I started listening right from the beginning, at one point the start carrying out a Dungeons & Dragons campaign, so one could feel a little lost at that part of the podcast. But the rest is nice, just that guy saying whatever comes to his head, may them like it or not.

They actually started the "Six seasons and a movie" thing I guess as an inside joke but fans took it from the episode it came from (season 2) and made it the show's unofficial motto. And it is close to be a reality! As far as I know the movie would be still far from shot but the idea is there and all the cast would be on board. That would be great!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Ah ok. Haha yes, the stand on your desks guy... He was really over the top, quite literally when he climbs a tree in the background after Jeff's kiss.

Thanks! Gonna check it out, although I misinterpretted you and thought you meant Jeff as in Joel McHale haha... Just realised I've seen him in The Soup?

Oh I see, I just read about the six seasons and a Movie on wikipedia and Dan seemed to be open for as many seasons as possible. Unfortunately I also saw the Viewer numbers have gone downwards each year, hope they'll continue anyway.

Another thing I came to Think of that I enjoy is that the Group consists of people in different ages (although I was quite shocked when I say the age of McHale (Jeff)!
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 4:40 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Ah ok. Haha yes, the stand on your desks guy... He was really over the top, quite literally when he climbs a tree in the background after Jeff's kiss.

Thanks! Gonna check it out, although I misinterpretted you and thought you meant Jeff as in Joel McHale haha... Just realised I've seen him in The Soup?

Oh I see, I just read about the six seasons and a Movie on wikipedia and Dan seemed to be open for as many seasons as possible. Unfortunately I also saw the Viewer numbers have gone downwards each year, hope they'll continue anyway.

Another thing I came to Think of that I enjoy is that the Group consists of people in different ages (although I was quite shocked when I say the age of McHale (Jeff)!  

Oh that's true, too many Jeffs haha Yes Joel is the regular host of The Soup,though I have to admit I've only watch some clips via YouTube, never got to watch one full episode of that show. They play around the age and racial differences a lot. Dan Harmon himself somewhat obsessed with black people, I don't exactly know why. He'd like to be black or something like that. He plays a black rapper in one "Rick & Morty" episode and he loves to rap during his podcast. But back to the ages, what does Joel do, I mean, he looks sooooooo good! And you'll get to see some more Jeff "parts" in future episodes, can't go further without spoiling something.

Whenever I watch Community I remember Dan Harmon's crazy thought of starting a Moon Colony (that's actually what Harmontown is, he's what should be the mayor of a Moon colony... he's not crazy enough to believe that's true, but they play along the subject every now and then). When I see all the diversity, you've got the sport dude with a heart, the future of the mark-obsessed girl from anyone's school class, a single mom, the sexy lawyer that went too far somewhere down the road... there's even a old bored homophobic rich man... that's a diverse group right there! Maybe what he'd have chosen to get to the Moon given the chance! hahaha
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:34 pm

I've only seen a few episodes, on Comedy central I think.. Yes they do, but in a way that works anyway, and that Moon Colony kinda sounds like the study Group in Community don't you think? Or maybe that's the point... I know right, I thought he was like 15 years younger. Oh and I've naturally already googled pics of him in full body and noticed some of what'll come. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:38 pm

RockRosen wrote:
I've only seen a few episodes, on Comedy central I think.. Yes they do, but in a way that works anyway, and that Moon Colony kinda sounds like the study Group in Community don't you think? Or maybe that's the point... I know right, I thought he was like 15 years younger. Oh and I've naturally already googled pics of him in full body and noticed some of what'll come. Wink

Oh dear then enjoy... what a lucky wife he has I guess! Being that funny and having that body should be forbidden, there's no way to compete :S
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks, what else shall a single gal do with google images? Aw. Don't see it as a competition, cooperate - let her look at a pic or two, then love you for having let you done that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:57 pm

That's a really good point, never thought about it that way.

I'm leaving a short vid to ensure people who are not thinking of watching this know what they're missing. Does not contain any major spoiler that I can think of, except for the ending of that very episode. In any case, I'll leave it "hidden".

To RR - The clip is from the 17th episode of the 1st season, in case you'll prefer waiting to watch it then! Very Happy

:
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:06 pm

Oh hoh hoh, I recognise that - from the pics. But I'll wait like a child waiting for her lollipop.

Your filfthy imagination, not mine.

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:10 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Oh hoh hoh, I recognise that - from the pics. But I'll wait like a child waiting for her lollipop.

Your filfthy imagination, not mine.

Suuuure, that's just me Razz

To the other people reading this, you see how there are many reasons you should watch this, so get to it!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Watched 16 first minutes of episode 17 today. Can't wait to see the last few minutes tonight..!

And Radioactive, Batman impression. Made me think of you.

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:38 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Watched 16 first minutes of episode 17 today. Can't wait to see the last few minutes tonight..!

And Radioactive, Batman impression. Made me think of you.

Ben Affleck... come on, they should have known better and get this guy.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:40 pm

Ben Affleck was the one who'll play Batman in Batman vs Superman right? Oh definately.

Btw just watched those last few minutes and got a new background screen pic.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:51 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Ben Affleck was the one who'll play Batman in Batman vs Superman right? Oh definately.

Btw just watched those last few minutes and got a new background screen pic.

Share! Pleasee
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Community  Image110

If the quality hadn't gone all bad at this moment though... Haha the Dekan in the background.... Like watching oneself in the mirror..
Community  Image310

And one more while we're at it..
Community  Image411

Alex Skarsgård is still in charge of my computer though..
Community  Skyrma10

Why do I feel like a slightly pathetic and cheesy little fangirl? Oh...
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:49 pm

I don't know if fangirl applies here, but at the very least you have some good taste!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Thank you for that, Lahm. I have a hot folder if you're hungry for more..!
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:55 pm

Anytime is a good time! hahaha Keep us up to date of your background changes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:57 pm

Haha, I will with joy n delight.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:25 am

... So before I started watching Community I've seen some NCIS Los Angeles and watching actor Eric Christian Olsen play Vaughn in Community was no problem in my head, but now I saw him in NCIS and can't take him seriously......

Community  Community-vaughn
Community  NCIS-Los-Angeles-image-11
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Community  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Community    Community  EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:37 am

LOL I certainly could not! hahaha tiny nipples hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Community  Empty