The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Football

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Football    Football       EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 am

Premier League, Champions League, La Liga, Bundesliga, FA Cup, European Championships, World Championships, ETC! Review games you've seen from whichever football match you've seen - at the stadium, in your living room, at the pub.

What was good and what was bad, what did you notice extra much. Significant players, tactics, strategies etc..  

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:51 pm

What a good idea RR, now i don't have to post cryptic messages in the Share the Moment thread anymore.

Might be a good idea to automatically ban all Chelsea fans, yes all three of them, they cant read or write anyway so they wouldn't contribute much. There probably wont be many sighting of Man United fans as they're usually in prison for some sex crime or something equally twisted.

I was right about the big silvery shiny thing though wasn't i.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 10:08 am

Its cold and its windy and it'll almost certainly rain.

I just want something to smile about, its not alot to ask is it.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Seventeen new signings last summer, most of them very young and 90% of them are from abroad. I always knew this season was a time to build a squad for a promotion season next season, Ive been waiting for signs that its coming together and i believe I am now seeing those signs.

Why cant Southern Europeans and South Americans play football in freezing temperatures with a gale blowing and its raining and there's sleet falling? Pretending they're injured because they cant play three games in a week over Christmas, mummies boys. They need telling that their God doesn't pay them twenty grand a week, i do, get yer boots on or go back to nancy boy land and admit to yourself you couldn't handle the big time. Soft lads.

I wasn't totally happy with the result, but you cant really complain about a point away from home against one of the in form teams. Next season we'll demolish them like the tinpot shite that they are.

The Damned United are still marching on together and they always will be. Smile

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 7:57 pm

This doesn't have much to do with anything, but I found it today and I don't know why I find this outrage blast to be funny as hell, how he goes from greek to english to italian depending on the level of rage reached. Funnier to watch if you understand italian I guess, it's relatively easy for us Spanish people. It is also recommended to understand the greek word malakia at the very least too. "I want my players play with balls"

EDIT: Kudos to the translator, hell of a job!
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Yesterday some clever doctor finally gave me the right meds so I could get back to my "normal" life glued to the laptop, and I decided to give Fantasy Football a chance. Bad thing is I only found one were you didn't need to pay or anything, and players are from English clubs. I barely keep track of Spanish teams, let alone English ones. But chance is my friend I hope! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 7:38 pm

You've left it a bit late, there's only 7 games left.

We should have The Reviews fantasy football league next season, and if either of the two Americans members win it i'm jumping off a cliff. Smile

I think everyone should tell me which team they support, i cant take the piss properly if i don't know which team you support.

Its probably just you and i Lahm, there is a chance that the Americans could be into football i suppose, unlikely though isn't it. I doubt if either of the two Swedes will join in, because football isn't played in Sweden is it? Do they have a football team, Sweden? I think they just do strange type sports in Sweden like Polar Bear hunting and igloo building contests, stuff like that. Yeah, so probably just us two Lahm.

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyTue Mar 24, 2015 6:19 pm

We would be ahead of such competition, that's out of the question, but it would be an interesting challenge nonetheless. If I like it this season I'll join in for next season as well that's for sure. I know what I said previously in an unrelated topic about Chelsea but I ended up choosing Costa as starting striker and captain, got 10x2 points last weekend! Very Happy I also picked Lloris as GK and I understand he was injured like in minute 5 or something, so bad more or less balanced the good out, damn it! Never trust a frenchman, what was I thinking! :S
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 pm

Absolutely on the Frenchman thing. Costa, a very wise choice, i hate him but i love him. Yes, i know that sounded slightly French and i apologise.

Laughed myself silly at Gerrard getting sent off this weekend, still smiling now. It was a good match if you haven't seen any of it. In reality he probably should have gone to the MLS a couple of years ago, he hasnt really influenced a game in years apart from when he fell flat on his arse against Chelsea last season and handed them the league.

Ive heard rumours that Monkey Boy is getting stick in the Spanish media and from Real Madrid fans, whats all that about? His nick name here was Trigger, this was a nick name given to him by his team mates. Trigger is a character in a sit com over here called Only Fools and Horses, how can i put it, he was more than a little bit dumb a bit slow on the up-take, or as we would say, as thick as pig shit. Keep him there, don't send him back here, he was forever diving before he went to Spain so he can only be worse now, if you don't mind me saying.

Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:20 pm

I really think he's worse now so don't worry we'll have him diving around here, I guess he fits perfectly. I didn't know it was that bad (the monkey boy thing) until I saw a video of bananas being thrown at him, I think it's not happening here as far as I'm concerned. I really can't believe Gerrard is still playing, I picture him carrying a golden cane, him with an all-white hair, then I remember how rich he must be. He's going to be the Rolling Stones of football players, only worst. People really don't know when to retire do they. From what I know they have similar discussions here with I. Casillas for having butter fingers which confuses me because I thought that was an inherent attribute. They go asking for his head every now and then, I guess this will go on until he grow tired of this, I mean, get an enormous check from Saudi Arabia or China or whatever. Then again I'm each year further from the sport news given my ever-growing duties. I'll have to get some summary of the Premier League season at the very least so I don't make my Fantasy "Soccer" team as randomly picked and french-dépendant as this years'.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:01 am

Lahm,

9-1! Just to clarify, i did say nine - one. Thats a ridiculous result, either the team that scored nine are super human and probably better than the Brazil 1970 team, or the team that scored one are diabolically shit probably worse than England in the last World Cup. Let me think about this for a second or two.................................................................................................

I applied the Sherlock Holmes method to find the answer " When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.". Real Madrid are obviously better than THAT Brazil team, what can i say.

Who have you got playing up front in your fantasy team?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 12:37 am

You know that the team they played is actually my hometown team, my father goes to the Stadium every two Sundays to watch them lose and not score if their lives depended on it. I really think is more of a shame for R. Madrid to have let them score once than for Granada to get home a full bag.

Btw I'm thinking I'm not made for these fantasy league thing, I'll keep trying though... but first the french goalie who injures himself after 6 or 7 minutes, then my captain (Costa) gets his the very next game, what are the chances!! I got Kane from Tottenham to replace him as main striker and captain, let's see how that goes. I have three Southamton deffenders in the starting 11, only 22 goals against so far! And also got a new keeper, since I didn't like the last one that much, I got Fabianski from Swansea, yeah they have 39 goals against but he's not that bad for the money, looks like most GK average ratings aren't that good anyway so I went for the cheapest I found usable.

I infer you also take part in this wonderful online fantasy, what do you have to say, any key players up there? I have Silva and Cazorla just to get a few Spaniards in the game, not that I would throw Silva away even if he were Chinese but you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:12 pm

I haven't done the fantasy league thing for a few seasons Lahm, i'll have a go next season, how are the points worked out, is it still heavily goals based?

Shame on you for not supporting the same team as your dad, please tell me you didn't go on a glory hunting trip and end up supporting one of the obvious two?

I'm sat here watching the Man U v Man City game, i don't care who wins and if it were possible i'd want them both to lose. Aguero's just scored for Man Shitty, laughing me head off. WTF has Rooney got on his head? His hair gets more ridiculous every time i see it, he looks like one of the baddies in the old Thunderbirds thing on TV....scouse wanker. Smile
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:37 pm

I just saw the news that Sepp Blatter has resigned, best football news I've seen in a decade. The only thing that could make it better is if the Swiss wanker dies in his sleep tonight, lying, thieving, Nazi prick.

What should now happen is the Russia and Qatar world cups should be scrapped and lets choose a proper venue for a world cup, not a embarrassingly scummy dictatorship like Russia and definitely not a middle eastern backwards shithole like Qatar that want to play it in December.

England should be given the world cup, we could put a world cup together in under 10 minutes, piece of piss. Ask the worlds football players where they'd want to play in a world cup, they'd pick England everytime............everytime! Russia and Qatar my effin arse.

Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 1:06 am

Its almost that time of year again isn't it, I'm not sure i can put myself through it all again, its starting to affect my self esteem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Football       Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football    Football       Empty

Back to top Go down

Football
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Games-
Jump to: