The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Once upon a time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kristinaj
Rookie Reviewer

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:13 pm

So I wanted to write about one of my favorit tv-series at the moment which is Once upon a time (as you probably understood by the title). The TV-series is about a girl Emma that come to a small city named Storybrooke. Her son that she gave up for adoption takes her too Storybooke because the town needs her. The people in the town are from different children stories like Snow white, Robin Hood, Frozen and other stories! So she is sent there to help them cause the Evil Queen has put a curse on the people.

I really love this series cause I love all of the disney movies and other children stories. And in the series you get to see your favorit character but as human and in a new environment. And it's so nice to follow all of the characters and se how they change throughout the seasons! One of my favorit character is called Rumplestiltskin aka the Dark one aka Mr.Gold. You can really se how he changes throughout the series! But I also like the Evil Queen, Hook, Robin Hood, the Snow Queen or actually almost all the big characters haha!

Does someone else watch Once upon a time? If you do what do you think? Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 am

Rumplestilskin. Smile Could you keep a straight face while writing that? Haha.

I haven't watched it but I've seen the commercials (for the first season whenever that one was) aaand I noticed that Silas Weir Micthell was in it, and guess where he's also starring? ;D You got it (probably not) Prison Break. Smile

^Only now I noticed he isn't (he's in the Grimm stories series).... Emilie de Ravin is though, she who played Dominic Monaghan's character's girlfriend in Lost. Claire!

Anyway, it's a fun idea to bring them all together (the Disney characters), if they actually do fit together in the same serie? Are they all having an active role in the story or is it more that one episode is about Snow white, the other episode is about the red hood etc?
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptyThu Mar 22, 2018 1:21 am

I've actually continued watching this show since it came on what 5 or 6 years ago? The first season is all intriguing, I'll give it that. An interesting concept to put all these Disney characters in a room and see what happens. Like Lost, it focused on different ones every week. But when you get to so many season's down the line, the plot becomes so twisted and repetitive that the show looses it's allure and sometimes just doesn't plain make sense. It's really overstayed it's welcome to the point they have revamped the entire last season with a bunch of new characters mixed with 3 veteran characters. I gave it a try to see what changes they were going for and at this point, the writers seem desperate to redecorate this show that needed to have checked out many seasons ago. I don't know why I still watch it really. Mainly out of habit? ..hm, one could argue I need better habits.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptyFri Mar 23, 2018 9:47 am

Hm. I still havenĀ“t watched this show, don't know if I ever will. It doesn't sound too exciting as it's so repetitive. How many seasons are there now?
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 12:18 am

I lost count. 7 or 8? Too many..it started with a great premise, but just didn't know when to quit, hence it getting so repetitive. And like LOST, there's no shortage of backstories.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Cheavy wrote:
I lost count. 7 or 8? Too many..it started with a great premise, but just didn't know when to quit, hence it getting so repetitive. And like LOST, there's no shortage of backstories.

Wow, well doesn't it usually go to hell when the number of seasons escalate..?
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 2:25 am

^Sometimes...well, most of the time really...but there are exceptions I'm sure..and it could just be me complaining..hm, there is a reason NCIS has so many seasons.
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time EmptyFri Apr 13, 2018 3:09 am

oooh, just found out this show was canceled. Season 7 (wow, felt like there was more) will be their last. Did the TV gods hear me? Hehe, I'm not complaining Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Once upon a time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time   Once upon a time Empty

Back to top Go down

Once upon a time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV :: TV-series-
Jump to: