The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Memorable TV Commercials.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

Memorable TV Commercials. Empty
PostSubject: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:05 am

It doesn't matter if they're happy or sad, good or bad, funny or just plain sick and twisted. They just have to be memorable.

I'll start with this one, i saw it for the first time the other day.

Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 12:51 am

Oh I have a bunch of commercials on mind... Whats your thoughts on the one you posted?
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 2:13 am

All good Christmas TV adverts have the feel good factor, i like it because it achieves what it sets out to achieve. Thats my thoughts on it.

What about you RR, did it make you go weak at the knees or are you a cynic?
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:10 am

Well if you're refering to the Greek cynism filosophy whose followers - cynics - thinks the meaning of life is to live simple, in virtue and as one with nature and not desire power, wealth or fame or sex, then I guess yes - apart from the "not desire sex" part obviously.. Fame is something that could be discussed though - I would want to be immortal in such a way that someone (maybe a few more....) would remember me when I'm dead. Yes I've already had death anxiety for quite some years hah. (<- not really laughing).

What goes for the commercial I think it captures the point well: the purpose of life. Consuming. Love. Having sex. Reproduce the race. Be remembered. Have I brought this up before?..... It's a nice thought that whether or not the boy already gets anxiety and feels the pressure of finding a girlfriend or boyfriend as he even knows his friend the penguin wants/needs one to be happy, those sentimental emotions is in his thought for christmas instead of actual toys - I did say wheteher he knows it or not did I - so when a nine-year old craves an iPhone for christmas present we can tell ourselves that he/she really is thinking about the meaning of life: fame and wealth. Social life. Finding love. Reproducing the human race.

Very deep message indeed. A bit of propaganda for the human humaness. Ofc all we think is love. 'Cause all we need is love. (And sex - to repr......oh- oh - oh stop me, stop me, stop me.. stop me if you think that you've heard this one before).

... I'll just go on a bit more since I have no (many) better things to do... The boy gets the female penguin from his parents I assume. So he dreams of finding a partner to his male penguin friend. That's very humble of him. Very cosy christmassy feeling. Very humane behaviour. So sweet.

Maybe the penguin's relationship is his way of playing mommy, daddy child - you know when girls pretend to be a family to practise for the real world. Maybe that male penguin is really him, I mean probably - there's a part of oneself in all of our characters. So he miss someone.

Or he's just adorable.

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:26 am

This commercial I'm about to post is splendid. It's from Radiotjänst - you have to report the possession of a TV so they can send you a bill to pay your TV license. They've asked kids what they'd do with people who don't pay their license. One of them answers he'd put a snail on that persons eye. Then the adult voice (or very deep child voice) says "Do you want a snail on your eye? If not, call...."

So whenever someone doesn't do as you would like them to do, threaten them with you putting a snail on their eye.

Yeah I don't know, it just reached through to me.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 12:21 pm

This ad was first broadcast on Remembrance Day here, some people think it shows a lack of respect for the dead, others think its a lovely film and it commemorates a wonderful moment in WW1, either way Sainsburys ( one of the UK's largest supermarkets ) will be increasing their profits because of it.

What do you think, is it in poor taste or should the offended people just get on with it and stfu?
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:03 pm

I think that's a beautiful and somewhat bitter commercial. I can imagine that what people find offensive is that the soldiers didn't have the guts to take that step, but during the circumstances and the nature of the situation it'd be remarkable if they would have. What's beautiful is that that's how we would've wanted it to have been like. What's bitter is the same reason why it's beautiful, just by the fact that it wasn't like that.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:12 pm

It doesn't offend me, its not like the soldiers playing football on Christmas Day has never been mentioned before is it.

I think the thing that offends some people is that a grocer is going to make profits from it.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Well I guess the idea of the vid (I saw there was a vid that explained the idea behind it, haven't checked it out) is that you can share (I wrote chair first. Yeah.) groceries on christmas eve, that it doesn't need to be things that'll last for one or two years ('cause if you find something today that lasts longer, give me a hint about it - don't; rhetorical). Even in the baddest of times we should be sympathetic and...... They want attention. They've obviously gotten it.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Precisely, thanks to the media.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:32 pm

And why shouldn't they? They've paid for it (I assume), it's an investment to get more consumers.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:43 pm

RockRosen wrote:
And why shouldn't they? They've paid for it (I assume), it's an investment to get more consumers.  

Because millions of people died in it, families were ripped apart by it and lots of people never ever got over it, not just soldiers but their families too.

Lets make ad's glorifying pedophiles, it'll be ok if its all paid for wont it.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:47 pm

I don't think it's glorifying as hopefully we all know that's not how nice it was. That's why it's bitter, as I said before. Because we know that's not how it really was.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Anyway, ive decided im not shopping at Sainsburys anymore.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:51 pm

They loose some and win some... I'm just getting deja vu from a book I've read by a Sainsbury.... Obviously off topic. I should report myself.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:52 pm

They'll lose more than they'll win with that advert.

Which book?
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 pm

"Welfare states and immigrant rights" by Diane Sainsbury.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyTue May 09, 2017 11:56 am

It's been forever but I remembered there was a time in the spanish tv advert scene when advertisers were fixated on black people for some weird reason. Today is somewhat controversial given the stereotypical depiction displayed, but since both companies that come to mind have moved on with their focus nobody cares. But as the top comment in the first one says, "were they to make these nowadays, they would all end up in prison!".

This second one is specially memorable actually. Any spaniard over the age of 35 would know that song by heart. Pretty much a standard breakfast product to this day.

I also remember that controversial ad about beer, but wasn't a tv ad at all. Let me check, see if I can find it... here we go!

Memorable TV Commercials. 1413177430_000145_1417039176_sumario_normal

The image speaks for itself, but let me translate:

"Mom always brings home CRUZCAMPO *beer brand*. With Cruzcampo, any meal will be more pleasant, and it will provide an easier digestion, more so than any other drink."

So kids would gather around a big bottle and share it around, under 10 too! Look at the one of the far left, it is clearly around 7 or 8 right? Wow!

Edit: Quick reminder that Spain was under a fascist regime until the mid 70s, and even then the far right had strong ties within the government for several years (one could argue it is true today to an extent). This regime brought back, stronger than ever, the everlasting marriage between the State and the Catholic Church (an old as the sun situation here). Xenophobia and racism were both sure bets for all those years. For a country with that much mixture of races throughout history, it was quite the situation if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyWed May 10, 2017 1:20 am

Lahm wrote:

I also remember that controversial ad about beer, but wasn't a tv ad at all. Let me check, see if I can find it... here we go!

Memorable TV Commercials. 1413177430_000145_1417039176_sumario_normal

The image speaks for itself, but let me translate:

"Mom always brings home CRUZCAMPO *beer brand*. With Cruzcampo, any meal will be more pleasant, and it will provide an easier digestion, more so than any other drink."

So kids would gather around a big bottle and share it around, under 10 too! Look at the one of the far left, it is clearly around 7 or 8 right? Wow!.

This makes more sense; have the kiddies share a big bottle, not just mom and dad. The children will be more chilled or maybe even passed out. And after coming home from a long hard day at work, the parents can truly relax. And everybody will have a good, much better time Razz

Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyWed May 10, 2017 1:28 am

When I was a little kid, I remembered the commercials being almost as entertaining as any cartoon/show I watched. Like this pizza show ad

And apparently, they created a whole series

Ah, the nostalgia.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. EmptyWed May 10, 2017 1:38 am

Wow that pizza piece is nuts, they had to have been high on something while pitching the idea. And elaborated, sure thing there is none of that kind of ad nowadays. It's like a great representation of the 90s vibe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memorable TV Commercials.   Memorable TV Commercials. Empty

Back to top Go down

Memorable TV Commercials.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV-
Jump to: