The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Book of Law

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

The Book of Law Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Law   The Book of Law EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Well, thought I'd dust off this section but what I'm currently reading isn't very review-friendly, at least not in a rich and colourful way (as if my other "reviews" are of such art).

So I'm just gonna make this slightly general and invite you to discussion - which, to make this relevant - might end up in some sort of review after all.

Have you ever read parts of your national law book? Do you think it's something people should do or is it up to someone else - say media or government - to inform you of what's written there, and if so to what extent?

The Book of Law 9789139017356_200 The Book of Law Law
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

The Book of Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Law   The Book of Law EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:02 am

Actually my girlfriend is now reading a lot of law stuff, since she is preparing some public examinations, and it is kind of sad that we don't know more about general rights and such. There's also a lot of attention towards how the King should be treated and defended. Not great.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

The Book of Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Law   The Book of Law EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:23 pm

Really? What kind of power does your king have?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

The Book of Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Law   The Book of Law EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:36 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Really? What kind of power does your king have?

Well he's actually entitled to have a saying in politics, and he's also the highest rank in the Spanish army (may that be a great thing or not). At the end of the day he's mostly a face that's supposed to show up in said dates at said places, and he takes kind of a ceremonial role. But the thing is he could really have a larger effect on things. I'm sure he does give he's one of the most influential people in the country just given his position.

PS: I misclicked and edited your comment instead of quoting it, all solved now hahaha
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

The Book of Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Law   The Book of Law EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 pm

Ok I see.. Strange role to have eh, being a king..

The challenging powers of a mod eh....
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

The Book of Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Law   The Book of Law EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 10:53 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Ok I see.. Strange role to have eh, being a king..

The challenging powers of a mod eh....

No kidding, I almost did it again when writing this very message Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Book of Law Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Book of Law   The Book of Law Empty

Back to top Go down

The Book of Law
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Text-
Jump to: