The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking Bad - Review

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Breaking Bad - Review  Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:00 am

Title: Breaking Bad
Created by: Vince Gilligan
Actors that play the biggest characters: Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul.

I can't believe that I'm sitting here and writing this review. I can't believe that I actually watched the entire show, cried and laughed to it. But I did, and I'm writing this, and I'm gonna start off this review by explaining why I'm being so melodramatic.

A while ago, it felt like everyone were watching Breaking Bad. People watched, and said that it was the best show ever. As the analytical and critical movie/tv-serie freak I am, I couldn't believe them. The best show EVER? Don't think so.
At first I didn't even wanted to see it. Didn't seem like my cup of tea, and I felt like I would only waste my time if I watched it. But eventually, me and a friend started watching the show together (after another one of our friends already watched it so make sure it was worth watching, haha).

So we started watching it. One episode, two episode, three episodes... Something that I have to give Breaking Bad credit for is the fact that you never feel like the episodes are 50 minutes long. Time seems to fly by when you watch the show, and you can suddenly find yourself sitting there and thinking "Shit, I've already watched 5 episodes".

At the beginning of season 3, we stopped watching together. I continued on my own tough, and I had a extremely rough time making it through the beginning/middle of season 3. Didn't like it at all. But I did make it through, and I'm so incredibly happy that I did.

I actually just watched the last episode of the show. And what a show... I can't say it's the best show that has ever been made. It isn't. BUT it is a amazing show, with incredible actors and characters, incredible camera work and such a exciting and interesting story! The creators really know how to make people love it, how to make people dying to see more. I think I watched season 4 (13 episodes, each 50 minutes) in three days. I have NEVER done that with any show, so yeah, that says a lot.

What I'm most impressed by though, is the characters, and especially Jesse Pinkman. The character Jesse Pinkman is portrayed by Aaron Paul, whom I had never heard of before. But I'm extremely glad that he was in the show, because I don't have words to describe how amazing this actor is. Earlier I said that the show made me cry, well, more correctly, Aaron Paul made me cry. He played Jesse so extremely well, that a lot of times, I truly felt like Jesse was a real person that I just had to meet and help. If you ask me, Jesse is one of the best characters in tv-series history.

To summon this review up: Breaking Bad is a amazing show, with tons of twists and a great story. The characters are amazing, and you really see how all of them develop and change through the show (for better or worse...). I'ts hard to keep myself from talking about the ending, but I will, since I don't want to spoil anything for you.

My rate of the show will be 8,5/10. It was really hard to rate it, but 8,5 feels fair.

So... Have any of you watched Breaking Bad? What did you think? It would be really interesting to hear you opinion on the show! Smile

Here's a link to a fanmade trailer for season 1, a really good trailer that doesn't spoil the most important things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pev38s3xPgM
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:06 am

Just a little question before I read the review, is the text spoiler-free? Because I'm still on season 1 hahaha
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:10 am

^I just read it through, and no spoilers Lahm Wink Great feeling to the rev, R! So sentimental in a way, and I do recognise a lot of the emotions when having watched a complete series... *hint hint to PB* ...

I did watch the first season of Breaking Bad when it was aired on TV, but then I just lost it when it got on again. More than you have been telling me about it though so I guess that it's gonna go higher up on my to see list.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:38 am

I spent a couple of weeks watching the entire thing and loved every second of it, it was an addiction, so many great characters and memorable moments. I think Breaking Bad is one of the best TV shows ever made. When it was all over i had this huge void to fill in my life, i started looking for a TV series that i could watch that would scratch my Breaking Bad itch, I'm still looking and i haven't found anything that comes close.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:50 am

Lahm: yes, like RR Said, completely spoiler free Smile

RR: Haha! I've actually given prison break more thought, altought I haven't decided Yet if I want to watch it.. But if I do, you Will be the first one i tell Wink

UT: Haha same here! Seriously, My first though when I had watched the last episode Was: what am I going to watch Now that is as good, or better Then this? I did have two answers to that (Game of thrones and supernatural), but I've already watched every episode of the shows so far... So yeah, Now I really don't know what to watch haha...
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:57 am

I watched Breaking Bad last year. I heard it was great, but was surprised at how great it actually was. Turned out I really loved the show. It was just like you mentioned Radioactive, the time flew by and the episodes never felt that long at all! And you just wanted to keep watching more and more of it because you can't get enough.
The characters, and the acting are just superb. And the story different and entertaining. Many moments were comical, many moments were sad, many moments were tense. And it was amazing how in all those moments, they really did an amazing job of conveying and making you feel those emotions and keep you at the edge of your seat. Really I don't know what to say other than the show was just...amazing. What a show, indeed !
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:24 am

Radioactive wrote:
So yeah, Now I really don't know what to watch haha...

Ehm.. *hint^*
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:25 am

Cheavy: They really kept their viewers on the edge of their seats indeed, I think it Was in season 4 or 5, where I sat on the edge of My seat, gaping in shock, for like 3-4 episodes in a row...! Sometimes I seriously almost felt exhausted after watching the show, after all the laughter, crying and screaming a episode sometimes would bring! But I guess that just proves that it is a amazing show, that really gets to you and makes you feel for the charachters ^^

RR: heh, maybe maybe... Wink
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:14 pm

^I've been thinking about watching the show, but now I realise what would probably be even more interesting and fun: to watch someone who is watching.

Wink
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:59 pm

RockRosen wrote:
^I've been thinking about watching the show, but now I realise what would probably be even more interesting and fun: to watch someone who is watching.

Wink

Haha, that would probably be more interesting, yes Wink
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:14 pm

Radioactive wrote:

UT: Haha same here! Seriously, My first though when I had watched the last episode Was: what am I going to watch Now that is as good, or better Then this? I did have two answers to that (Game of thrones and supernatural), but I've already watched every episode of the shows so far... So yeah, Now I really don't know what to watch haha...

Well, i suppose I'm going to have to watch Game of Thrones arnt i, I've been putting it off and putting it off and now I'll have to find the time to watch it.

Thanks in advance for totally ruining any kind of social life i was going to have in the next two or so weeks, I'm going to be glued to a screen feeding my Game of Thrones addiction arnt i. Thanks a million Radioactive, thanks a million.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:22 pm

UT: haha Aw, You're welcome Very Happy Well of course, you can't just settle with watching only one episode a week! (Who does that anymore?? Probably no one) Especially not with a show like Game of thrones! Which btw ruined my whole summer Very Happy and the fact that I had to wait for season four after that killed me. And Now I'm waiting for season five, which is like five months away. FML...
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Do you mean it ruined your summer because you had to wait for the next season or because you stayed in and watched the series the whole summer? Because... Watching the four seasons shouldve taken you... What.. Four days? That's hardly a whole summer. Wink
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Summer only lasts for four days in Sweden.

I'll get me coat.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 pm

^Wait, my bad, we're in Sweden... Nevermind.

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:40 pm

ehrm.. Yes. Well.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Stayed in and watched the show Wink and yeah, about 4 days of summer seems legit. And then comes the harsh winter (Nope, no fall in Sweden).. To quote Ned Stark: "winter is coming". And staying. For to long....
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:05 am

I miss my old neighbourhoods during winter, Radio... It's just a long long autumn here until spring comes, which is the same but with the leaves on the trees instead of the ground. We get the same darkness but not as much light (snow) down here... :'( And whenever it gets snowy people react as if they were living in England..!

Off topic: check.
Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:11 am

Autumn, such a lovely word.

You're right though, we are absolutely useless, 3 inches of snow and the whole place grinds to a halt.....and we don't have Polar Bears to look at out of the window like you do, we just have dull grayness and mud.
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:14 am

Aaw, I really get that :/ even though we get a ridicolous amount of snow, it's still somehow cosy and Nice. And a long autumn doesn't sound nice at all... (I'm saying this Now, but I'm not really sure if I'll be able to agree with myself two months from Now, when I'm stuck in a bus for an extra hour, just Because of the snow...)
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:15 am

UT: Ah yes, the polar bears... They're definitly the best thing about swedish winter!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:17 am

Yep. Feel the awe Englishman.

And what's there to complain about Radio, you have a reason for being late to wherever you're going and you don't have to do a thing but to sit there. Smile

Back to top Go down
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:20 am

Can you make friends with a Polar Bear?
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:20 am

Haha well, when You're on your way to school suuure, but not so fun when going to a friend or someplace fun... Wink
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 am

UT: why of course you can! My best friend is one!
(After you of course, RR! She's a human, or I at least hope she still is... Wink )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Bad - Review    Breaking Bad - Review  Empty

Back to top Go down

Breaking Bad - Review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next