The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saving Mr. Banks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Saving Mr. Banks  Empty
PostSubject: Saving Mr. Banks    Saving Mr. Banks  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:53 pm

Saving Mr. Banks is a movie that was released in 2013. The movies director is John Lee Hancock, and some actors that star in the movie are Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson and Colin Farrell.

Basically, the movie tells the story of how the story of Mary Poppins came up. What the author P.L. Travers (played by Emma Thompson in this movie) based it on, and what Mary Poppins means to her. It also shows the work with making the movie Mary Poppins, and of course, we get to see Mr. Walt Disney, portrayed by Tom Hanks.

The movie is based on the true story of the movie Mary Poppins, and Travers life. I'm not so well-read that I can tell you how much of it is true and how much is not, but from what I know, they've managed to keep the movie very true to the story.

About the movie... First of all, I have to comment on the acting. All of the actors do an incredible job - and it's interesting to see Tom Hanks as Walt Disney. But, there is one actor in particular that I want to talk about, and that is Collin Farrell. When I first saw the movie on IMDB, I decided to watch it mostly because Collin Farrell and Tom Hanks were in the movie. I didn't look to closely on who Farrell was playing in the movie - and honestly, I forgot to look for him when I started watching. And at the end, I still hadn't figured out who he was playing. I looked it up, and I was actually chocked. I know that Farrell is a great actor - but that he was this good? His acting in this movie is phenomenal. His scenes are without question the best in the film. Whenever he was on screen, I felt like I disappeared into that world, into his world, and I never wanted to leave it. If it were up to me, the whole movie would only consist of these scenes Wink

The movie itself is very good. It's 2 hours and 5 minutes long, and I'm not going to lie - sometimes you really feel the length of it. Sometimes the movie does feel a little bit slow, like nothing is happening. But, I would rather that the movie stays true to the real story as much as it can, then see the creators making up stuff just so something more can happen in the movie.

If you ask me, that is pretty much the only negative thing in this movie though. Other things, like the music, the acting, the filming... It's extremely well-done, and I think that the fact that I - who have never really cared much for Mary Poppins or loved it that much - felt like I needed to watch Mary Poppins immediately after watching this movie, says a lot.

If you haven't seen the movie, or listened to the soundtrack; DO IT! The movie is great, and the soundtrack is to kill for. The songs are amazing, I love how they have taken the old Mary Poppins songs, and remade them.

My rating of this movie is 8/10!

Here's the trailer to the movie:

I would like to end this review with a quote from Walt Disney himself, a man who's movies has been a huge part of my life, and that has made me laugh and cry a million times - as a child, and as a adult:

“Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.”
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Saving Mr. Banks  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saving Mr. Banks    Saving Mr. Banks  EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 11:10 pm

Sorry for not having read this rev through any sooner. It was a great insight in this movie, and when you mentioned the part about Farrell I remembered you'd told me about this movie before. I don't know much, if anything, about Mary Poppins and I guess this movie could be a good way to put my ignorance to bed. Tbh, what's really making me wanna watch it is those scenes you mentioned - and you never told us who Farrell is really playing Wink
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Saving Mr. Banks  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saving Mr. Banks    Saving Mr. Banks  EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 12:39 am

Yes, I realized that i completely forgot that! ^^' But Farrell plays P.L. Travers father, and like I said, His acting in this movie is phenomenal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saving Mr. Banks  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saving Mr. Banks    Saving Mr. Banks  Empty

Back to top Go down

Saving Mr. Banks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV :: Movies-
Jump to: