The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009   Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009 EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 11:35 pm

I saw Bo Kaspers Orkester live for the first (and so far only) time as late as 2009, a mature summer month. It didn't rain, that's worth mentioning. Don't ask me why, I wont answer, but the stage had been set up at one end of a jousting field. I stood right at the front in the sand, couldn't get any closer to the stage than the security guards. Bo Kaspers had been having a couple of hits on the radio during the last few years (I samma bil/In the same car & Innan allt försvinner/Before everything disappears) and in 2009 they'd sold over a million records, so having them coming to a small village like that place at that time felt big. To be honest I wonder if they didn't think how the hell they'd gotten there. Rumours said they didn't even get the salary properly, at least not at first. Anyhow, I'm glad they did come. And delivered. To say at least. 

BKO was formed 1991 and released their first album 1993, though the first singles were released in 1992. Since that they've released 11 studio albums, latest one in 2012 but have been active in TV 2013 and recently released a third compilation album. Genre: jazz/pop/rock/lounge. 

The video I posted with this isn't from this gig, but this is the song I'll never forget from that show. The darkness had begun to fall, smoke was in the air and the throats of everybody in the audience was vibrating for what felt both like a second and an eternity when we sang the chorus "We will always live, we will never die", all instruments mute until we'd given them something in return.  

Bo Sundström, the singer of the band - consisting of him, Mats Schubert, Fredrik Dahl and Michael Malmgren -  turned out to be an moderately active performer on stage. Taking off his hat one second, laying on the stage floor like a fold knife next one. The others doing their jobs as musicians beautifully. I wouldn't mind go n get myself a deja vu any time soon. 

Pic coming up.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009   Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 3:31 am

What i want to say is i wish he'd sang that in English, but if i say that you'll think im being sarcastic or that I'm one of those morons from Britain that think everyone should speak English all the time, especially if there happens to be a British person in the room. I have seen that video before several times and I've always wished he'd sang it in English, its always better if you know what they're saying isn't it.

I couldn't remember the name of the song if my life depended on it, I've just been trying to convince myself that i can remember enough of the name to be able to find it wherever i am. Ive been able to remember Bo Kasper for quite a while now, so that's not the problem, the problem is how do i remember the song name. Two voices in my head arguing about it, don't laugh we all do it, word association that's the way to do it, i saw it on the telly once and it works a treat...........

Voice 1 - Just remember the first two words, that'll be enough
Voice 2 - Vi Kommer
Voice 1 - Word association, its a doddle. Vi.........Vi........Vi........nothing at all, a total blank.
Voice 2 - Kommer
Voice 1 - Kommer.....Kommer.....Kommer.......Kommer......Kommerchameleon
Voice 2 - Im amazed, well done, you're a genius.
Voice 1 - Thankyou very much, but geniuses tend not to go off topic as often as i do, but thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009   Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 5:06 pm

i don't know if you've ever read the translation to the song? If it's not to be found I could translate it. It's worth knowing what it's about as their lyrics is one of the best things about their songs.. Specially this one, about being remembered and by that becoming immorta. The song title Vi kommer aldrig att dö, "we will never die"... Well "Vi" and We are pretty much the same, "kommer" theres two m's as theres two L's in will. Think that there COMES a time bla bla bla.. Come is like kom - kommer... "Aldrig" never.  "Att dö" die.  Well...  

We commer(ci)al drug @ deux.
Vi  kommer --- aldrig att dö.

And sounds like someone is a bit sensitive eh? Smile

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Uneducated Thug
Royal Reviewer
Uneducated Thug

PostSubject: Re: Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009   Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:38 pm

I remembered it by the karma chameleon thing, when i woke up this morning it was the first thing i thought of and i had remembered the name. Actually it wasn't the first thing i thought of, but lets not go there.

Me sensitive? Dont be ridiculous, I'm never sensitive.

We've gone off topic, you do realize that don't you.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009   Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bo Kaspers Orkester 2009
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Music :: Concerts-
Jump to: