The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lone Ranger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

The Lone Ranger Empty
PostSubject: The Lone Ranger   The Lone Ranger EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:50 am

The Lone Ranger, a Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer production from 2013, with Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer as the main characters. 2 hrs, 29 mins. Adventure/Action.

It shows that the same ppl who gave us Pirates of the Caribbean is the ones serving us The Lone Ranger, in a good way. The outcast Indian character Tonto fits Depp perfectly, and reminds one a little bit of Jack Sparrow in Pirates. Captain - Jack Sparrow... Tonto and attorney John Reid teams up as an odd couple trying to fight against war, greed and corruption in a Wild West scenery during the late 1800's. The very first railway track and train is being built across North America, and the end station so to say, is a cave full of silver - although many Indian lives have been taken in order to access the cave and keep it a secret and now it's about to happen again. If you've seen the great TV serie Prison Break, you'll recognise the cannibal Butch who is the crook both Tonto and Reid are after, only Tonto wants him dead and Reid wants to bring him for justice in court. Ofc there's a lady in all of this, Reid's brother's wife and their son Danny. She happens to be the love of John's life, but will they ever get each other? As for the title Lone Ranger - it's referring to John Reid... Why? Watch and see.

The whole story is being told by Tonto at a museum in the 1930's, where a young boy is listening and asking questions about his ranger hero.  

Good acting and fun choices of music to the scenes. Worth to watch!

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

The Lone Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lone Ranger   The Lone Ranger EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 1:43 am

Thought of one way as a western Pirates of the Caribbean, I thought this movie was quite entertaining and very fun to watch, and admired the dark atmosphere tones. Depp was simply amazing as Tonto, being a reminder of Jack Sparrow in a way with his antics/eccentric behavior, yes, (sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow) but also being quite different/unique as an outcast Indian that runs around with KISS face paint and a dead/petrified(?) crow on his head. I was glad that the other actors did a quality acting job; Hammer holding his own and was not being overshadowed as the second, other main lead, rather more like equals with Depp. Well, different being the un-cool hero, but equals nonetheless....Butch (I take note of that prison break mention) made for a proper villain with a sadistic twist being a cannibal. And while there was a woman in the movie, I felt that her character was a little weak? I think that's the right word, or maybe just underused.....And if you can set aside the action being too unbelievably over the top, it had and focused on great choreography indeed.

Overall though; I enjoyed the movie, in all its cleverness and goofiness, from beginning to end. I'd give it a 7.9 out of 10
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

The Lone Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lone Ranger   The Lone Ranger EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 11:57 pm

haha, hadnt connected Tonto's face paint with KISS before. And yeah Hammer is keeping his character up there at Depps level i think. And yeah, the woman was Indeed not a main character....

What kind of message would you say the movie wants to tell us?

Liking the 7.9 points btw, hah..
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

The Lone Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lone Ranger   The Lone Ranger EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:04 pm

If there was a message, it felt a little skewed or I may have missed it entirely. As a summer blockbuster and a "reboot" from the old Lone Ranger to be adapted for modern times, I think it was really something to just have a lot of fun with...not to say there wasn't a message at all--there usually is in most things. Which always makes it worth watching it over again.

Yes...it just wasn't quite an 8.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

The Lone Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lone Ranger   The Lone Ranger EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 am

cant say I got a very clear message either, that's why I asked if you'd seen any. I guess you're right though, and I do think movies are made to be watched at least twice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Lone Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lone Ranger   The Lone Ranger Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lone Ranger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV :: Movies-
Jump to: