The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Empty
PostSubject: Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy   Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 3:51 am

I bet all of you are wondering how am I writing a review if the movie isn't out yet? Well, I used to work at a movie theater, so I can see some of the movies before they are released. So I decided, why not watch Guardians of the Galaxy? Wink

The movie is directed by James Gunn. He was involved in making the movie Dawn of the Dead and Slither.

The movie is classified as sci-fi, action, adventure, with some comedy and crude humor. XD The movie is based off of the comic book, so be sure to expect lots of explosions, suspense, and a few laughs (ok, more than a few). XD

If you love 70's and 80's pop, then the movie soundtrack is for you. Some classic songs like Cherry Bomb, Hooked on a Feeling, and I want you back are a few that appear in the movie (along with a Walkman tape player. Haven't seen one of those in a while!) Very Happy

Our story begins with a young Peter Quill. We see him in a hospital waiting room, hoping to see his mom before the cancer she is suffering takes her life. Quill's dad was never around. So, he was very attached to his mom. In fact, his mom gave Quill the Walkman player with a mixtape (which has some really awesome tunes on it;)), which he takes with everywhere he goes. Upset about his mother's condition, Quill runs outside of the hospital where he was abducted by a spaceship! Surprised Quill, now older, then travels to an abandoned planet looking for something. After following him through some ruins, he makes it to the item that he wants, which happens to be an orb. Out of all the things, he wanted an orb that is the size of a shotput. Quill, or Starlord as he like to be called, is then confronted by some guards. Some humorous banter happens, then escalates (rather quickly) into a fight seen. We then see Starlord trying to escape the guards and the planet. Little does he know that the orb he took has a hidden power that can destroy the entire universe. Of course, he doesn't know that, so, as long as he gets a hefty profit out of it. Wink Once on a different (and rather beautiful) planet, Starlord tries to sell the orb. The buyer does not want any part of the orb. So Starlord leaves the shop where Gamora is waiting for him, and it's not to say hi. Gamora hunts down Starlord, but Gamora isn't the only one hunting him down. It turns out that Starlord has quite a bounty on him, which attracts the attention of Rocket Raccoon and Groot (who can only say the word I AM GROOT and in that exclusive order). Their fight attracts a lot of attention, which ends up having the Nova Core apprehend all four of them and take them to a maximum secirity jail. While in jail, they meet Drax, and together, they escape jail. They find out much the orb is really worth and find a buyer that will buy it for a large amount of money. They find out what the orb really hides, and are torn whether to profit from it or to protect it from falling into the wrong hands.

What caught me the most is how well the storyline is created. It sticks with the comic book, but also has it's own elements added. My favorite character in the movie has to be Rocket. He is a tinkerer that can make many types of explosions, not to metion having a very crude sense of humor. I believe that the messege strongly conveyed in the movie is that friendship is a strong bond... even if you tried to kill each other in the beginning. Also that the past does not dictate your future. The messeges are easy to see if you are not too busy laughing. Emotions in the movie start as sympathy, then humor, then action, then humor with action. There are also some parts that really touch you and will cause you to tear up. :'(
I liked the ending. It was very action packed and funny. I can't say any more, or else it will ruin most of the movie. I highly recommend watching this film if you like that sci-fi action or if you like action with some humor in it.

I give this movie a solid 9 out of 10. Once it's out, go watch it. You will not be dissappointed..... unless you like romance movie. Then in that case, you would be a bit disappointed. Smile
Back to top Go down
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy   Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:07 am

afro 

Here is the trailer. Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy   Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 2:30 pm

interesting read! I've heard that they have already decided to make a sequel since the writers of the comic book thought they'd done such a good job with turning it into a movie.

I love Marvel and most of the movies made of marvel comic books, but tbh I've had my doubts about seeing this one, afraid that it'd be a bit like Green lantern which wasnt horrible but not great eithe.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy   Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 1:08 am

I'm thinking of watching this for the sole reason Chris Pratt is on it, and it must be good then! I didn't want to get some spoilers so I've just read the first lines of your review.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy   Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy
Page 1 of 1