The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idea of a Podcast

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Interested in joining a Podcast? Well, first we have to make one..!

The idea is that Reviewers (members of this forum) talk about and discuss their reviews with each other.
For one thing, it's a fun way to make ppl interested and attract ppl to the forum.

When will the episodes be recorded?
A suggestion is that one writes up a couple of days/times that one is available, and then ppl that are available the same time can sign up to be in that session. This could be done weekly.

How shall the podcast be recorded and aired?
Suggestions appreciated. One way could be that we talk via Skype and that everyone record it. One person (The Editor) gets all the recordings sent to him/her, and put it all together so the quality sounds good. Then it could be aired on Youtube and maybe Grooveshark.

What shall we talk about?
Even though reviews is the thing, it could be good to decide what to focus on. There could be different topics from episode to episode, for ex: 1) Discuss your fav movies, 2) Latest album listened to, 3) What games are coming up, etc...

So each episode could have its own theme, with different recurring sections - such as "The Revs Recommendation (for this week)".

Scheduele example:
Episode 1
Week _ (date)
Time of recording: _
Released:
Participants:
Theme: _

Extras
Logos, intros and theme songs!  

Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 1:40 am

Hey! I already talked with you about this via Skype, but here it would be available to anyone! Very Happy So I'd throw in discuss current/past TV shows, also not only fav movies but current ones. And maybe we could start with a single podcast with different sections (music, movies, shows, games). The Revs Recommendation could be a highlight of the most warmly recieved critic of the week, getting in the podcast as a guest the user who made such critic if she/he is ok with it.

I don't know, what do you think people?

And two other things before I forget:

We should discuss how often we could release it, for me once a week would be nice, but maybe we could make it one episode every two weeks. From my experience listening to podcasts I prefer those coming out once a week.

And also the last thing you pointed out is very important: Creating a logo, and also a intro/song. I guess my help with the logo would be limited as I suck at painting and doing creative visual things :S

Let the talk go on! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 10:43 pm

I think it sounds great with the single podcast and sections plus that theme. And once a week would indeed be great if we all can find the time together. Let's get this started!
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:39 pm

I'll start testing some mics and recording software this weekend when I get back home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cheavy
Cheavy

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 2:41 am

I like what I'm reading. Once a week would be great. At first, it'll probably be slow, but that's okay. I'm sure when everyone participating is in the swing of things, we'll get a schedule down that works for once a week production.

And I don't remember if we've discussed this or not, but for intro songs or songs dividing segments of the podcast or even a closing song, should we look into some royalty free music? Youtube actually has a source of free royalty free music. https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

I know we've talked about and even shared some non royalty free songs for the podcast, but in doing so, I don't know of how muddy an issue that would be?
Back to top Go down
Radioactive
Royal Reviewer
Radioactive

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:23 pm

Everything that you've guys written sounds good! If we would want a logo, I could try and make one Smile (LOVE working in Photoshop and Illustrator!)
Back to top Go down
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm liking this idea. I agree with the episode every two weeks. As for an intro and ending song, as well as background music, I believe I can find, maybe even create some songs for the podcasts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 pm

That would be terrific if you're still up for it ! Smile
Back to top Go down
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm more than up for it!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 3:43 pm

So, I got some great ideas for intro and outro songs, as well as some background songs as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 pm

That's great. Also, you told me about an idea of each of us having mini podcasts, could be a way of kicking things off.
Back to top Go down
ATrix112524
Reviewer
ATrix112524

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Yeah! All of us can make an intro about ourselves and our preferences, also hint what we might review in the future. Wink
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 12:30 am

Thumbs up for that!
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 10:04 am

ATrix112524 wrote:
Yeah! All of us can make an intro about ourselves and our preferences, also hint what we might review in the future. Wink

Anybody on this idea?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Idea of a Podcast  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea of a Podcast    Idea of a Podcast  Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea of a Podcast
Page 1 of 1