The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Mirror

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Black Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Black Mirror   Black Mirror EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 10:55 pm

I've watched the first season and then a few episodes here and there of the British Netflix series Black Mirror. Each episode is about something new. It highlights phenomenons of everyday today in a quite absurd and depressing way. Not absurd in a way that it's not actually the way it is, but they take it one or maybe three steps further just to make it extra clear. For example, one episode is about a prime minister who must have sexual intercourse with a pig on live TV in order to make a kidnapper release the princess. [The thing is... spoiler="spoiler"]everybody is so busy watching the TV for this to happen that no one notices that the princess gets released before the prime minister actually has gone through with the intercourse.[/spoiler].

Another episode is about people living in a building 24/7 and all they do is exercise on spinning bikes watching TVs in front of them. They get points the longer they ride the bike, points they can buy food with (usually just an apple) in a machine, or that they can skip commercials with in their tiny rooms which consists of only a bed and four walls covered in TV screens. Only way to get out of this life style is to collect so many points that you can purchase a ticket to enter a talent show. If you win it, you get out of the spinning/TV lifestyle, but what other lifestyle you win is decided by the jury...

Another episode is indirect about likes and instagram, where people rate each other and these ratings and ranks affects your whole life - which ppl you can hang out with, what neighbourhoods to live in, which cars to be able to rent etc..

In another episode, all the bees have died and artificial ones make the ecosystem go around. Thing is, someone has high jacked the bees and kills people that are being hated on on the social medias. This to make them understand that what you say online can affect real lives and everybody should take responsibility for what they say, including on social media.

There's many more different things that gets highlighted, all I can say is check it out..! If one episode doesn't attract you, then try another as they're quite diferent from each other. Even the length of the episodes differ quite much.

So, a series of independent episodes about the frightening aspects of our modern life today. Black Mirror.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Cheavy
Cheavy

Black Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mirror   Black Mirror EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 2:09 am

The premise and trailers have me intrigued. Have to remember to check this out!
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Black Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mirror   Black Mirror EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 1:19 pm

I started watching a few months back and was just soooo bizarre. I didn't go further than one or two episodes, must revisit now that I have the time. It was on netflix if I recall correctly so maybe tonight. Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Black Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mirror   Black Mirror EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 5:40 pm

Yes it's on Netflix. Please do tell if you guys watch an episode and want to discuss it! I think some episodes have a clearer message than some others and it could be interesting to hear how you interpret them.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

Black Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mirror   Black Mirror EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Sure thing! Let's see if I get home early and grab some time to watch one tonight. I guess I'll watch from the start, can't remember that much other than the strange vibe.
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

Black Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mirror   Black Mirror EmptyMon Apr 10, 2017 6:24 pm

RockRosen wrote:
Yes it's on Netflix. Please do tell if you guys watch an episode and want to discuss it! I think some episodes have a clearer message than some others and it could be interesting to hear how you interpret them.

I am back on the series as of last night. I had to start over to refresh my memory. Holy cow that thing with the pig was it even funny, I don't know how I didn't go on watching it last time. Also didn't notice before, it has like 3 episodes per season? Is that my netflix going nuts or is it about right. I'm afraid I would be over it in a few days. Thankfully these are full-length episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Mirror Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Mirror   Black Mirror Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Mirror
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV :: TV-series-
Jump to: