The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joel McHale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Joel McHale Empty
PostSubject: Joel McHale   Joel McHale EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:04 am

Joel McHale (will write more here later on today)

I know I was supposed to have gone to bed at least 30 mins ago so just wanted to share what made me stay up those extra minutes:

Last edited by RockRosen on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

Joel McHale Empty
PostSubject: Joel McHale   Joel McHale EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:29 am

hahaha I watched that one some time ago, that was full of what I'd call "uncomfortably funny" moments, he did a great job! hahaha I remember so many butthurtism in the video comments it was frustrating anyway...

Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

Joel McHale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joel McHale   Joel McHale EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 1:41 pm

Oh yes, sounded like the audience was riding a roller coaster, as he said. I like the fact that he was pretty much roasting all the way, in the presence of the "whip cream" of the country. The roller coaster sounds of "ooh.." instead of laughters was quite liberating (thinking of who his audience were) but at the same time slightly awkward. As I read from one of the comments on youtube, I agree that it's quite surprising that McHale gets to do this compared to Steven Colbert as Colbert is a comedian who so obviously is focusing his comedy (satire) on politics, while McHale's ironic comedy is more focused on reality shows and celebrity gossips. I don't think McHale did a poor job but it was just a bit strange to see him in that environment and company, and maybe that's a factor that made some people not really find his jokes fitting? I think the last couple of minutes were the best, they were ironic, utterly straight forward in an uncomfortable way - which made it provokingly great.
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Joel McHale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joel McHale   Joel McHale Empty

Back to top Go down

Joel McHale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Reviews :: Reviews :: Movies/TV :: Actors/Actresses-
Jump to: