The Reviews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review and read others' reviews - about movies, TV-series, books, music albums, concerts, games - to give and get advice on what's considered good or bad.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) Empty
PostSubject: I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)   I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:28 pm

I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) MV5BMTQ2MDkzMTQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzY4MDk3MDE@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_
I skuggan av värmen

I found a trailer with the English translation "In your veins", which spoils the story a bit more than "In the shadow of the warmth" as this movie which is based on the book with the same name is called. It's based on a self biography by Lotta Thell, I haven't read it (yet), but just got the audio book home today and planning on listening to it as I've heard from colleagues it's much better in writing. And while there's only one movie, the story continues in three more books. Anyway, I thought the movie was great. Good quality for a Swedish movie - with the camera and dialogues. Everything felt real and genuine thanks to the manuscript and actors Malin Crépin and Joel Kinnaman to mention the main characters. Crépin plays the role of Eva (Lotta) who works as a security guard. What's also on her unofficial schedule is her heroin addiction. Whenever she's not working she tries to detox herself, suffering from painful abstinense, but whenever she's back to work she's back on it, injecting it three times a day. Kinnaman plays the role of Erik, the police officer Eva meets during her work. It's love at first sight and they become lovers, but Eva doesn't tell Erik about her addiction. At the same time, Erik visits Eva's friend Mia's home - where pregnant Mia is struggling with her violent boyfriend while being in a drug addiction as well.

It's very touching, sensitive yet raw as it shows the real world of this persons addictions. It gives a great perspective of the persons with addictions but also the ones close to them - and showing how it affects everybody. I don't think I've watched it for the last time, and I can't wait ti read the books.   <

I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) Re961 I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) AM07-AM07-i-skuggan-av-varm I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) 645@70 I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) Iskugganavvarmen2
Back to top Go down
https://thereviews.forumotion.com
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)   I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:11 am

Woah, found the trailer although not in English so I understand 0 of the dialogue. But it sure looks charged with raw emotion. The thing I don't understand is the part where you say:
RockRosen wrote:
Good quality for a Swedish movie - with the camera and dialogues.

What? I didn't think Swedish movies where bad on a regular basis. I mean my experience with your films is limited to Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), but I liked that one very much. Much more than it's american counterpart I may add. By the way, the name I think was more literal in its Spanish translation, it is something like "Men who hate(d) women", right? That's pretty much the Spanish title for both the book and the film.
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)   I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 pm

Well, maybe the quality isn't that bad for the kind of budgets that Swedish film makers have compared to Hollywood. But then, I guess nothing should really be compared to Hollywood - or maybe it should? Maybe one isn't better than the other but just different..? Personally I often find Swedish movies to feel a bit stiff, slow and awkward as there's not the same amount of music (or if there is it's often dull and depressing, but I guess that depends on which type of movies one is watching as well) and I do believe that's a general perception in Sweden. Ofc there's exceptions. The girl with the dragon tattoo/Men who hate women (the second title is literal, yes) is a good quality Swedish movie but I still get the "Swedish movie-vibes" from it at times, but I guess that might not be seen overseas in the same way because you're not used to watching or getting the same kind of "feeling" in movie after movie as maaaany, if not most, Swedish movie is in the same genre (criminal/murder/depressing drama etc). I wonder if you can see the same pattern in Spanish movies, if there is such a pattern I mean?
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)   I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 10:55 pm

Yes, as I was reading your comment I realized that the same thing happens with Spanish movies. Like people could be able to recognize some classic signs, that once they appear it is a dead giveaway the movie was made in Spain. Especially notorious is the case of nudity, which appears way too often and without that much reason to appear actually. It's like a staple in the movie industry of the country, no matter the genre.

Also, I just realize that I know the main character from this movie! Didn't recognize him at first with no facial hair. I really like that dude Smile
Back to top Go down
RockRosen
Admin
RockRosen

PostSubject: Re: I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)   I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Exactly. Smile Only if I watched a Spanish movie I don't think I'd notice that or give it that much thought - if I didn't watch several ones that is.

Hehe yeah, Joel Kinnaman has made some movies in Hollywood. Like Robocop (haven't seen that one though).
Back to top Go down
Lahm
Lahm

PostSubject: Re: I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)   I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 12:04 am

I knew him from the TV series The Killing, which I am yet to finish watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)   I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth) Empty

Back to top Go down

I skuggan av värmen (In the shadow of the warmth)
Page 1 of 1